Hypocrisy of Loma fans

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by The Ogdoad, Dec 13, 2018.

1. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    In the end its all about reach reach reach.

2. jmashyaka

jmashyaka Boxing Addict Full Member

May 7, 2016
    It’s not asinine look out how he schooled Postol who had a long reacher. If all it takes is a reach guys like Hooker, Ohara Davies would be p4p, now saying a reach is the reason why Crawford is so good is asinine.

The Ogdoad likes this.
  3. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    Are you serious? If all it took was length and power then guys like Ohara Davies, Hooker, Stevenson would be p4p no.1 guys. It takes so much more at world level to unify all the titles. Mikey doesn’t have crazy reach, Canelo doesn’t have a crazy reach, GGG doesn’t have a crazy reach etc

4. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Let's regroup here. What are you trying to say? That Loma struggled against Pedraza? Because that's not true.

5. Cafe

Cafe Sitzpinkler Full Member

Sep 2, 2011
    It takes a lot more but if you have reach + good skills, that's huge. Long arms means you are esentially always in control of the fight since you can control the distance. It's one of the most important attributes.

mirkofilipovic likes this.
  6. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    Loma definitely struggled, he won fair and square but it was an underwhelming performance. However under the circumstances with him coming off an injury and me not rating him as this ATG I understand sometimes it’s about getting the job done. Like I said I ain’t tryna bash Loma, I personally like what he does in the ring and I like his mentality I just can’t stand when people are giving him credit for things he hasn’t yet done.

7. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Define struggled.

8. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    Andre Ward has short arms for his height, he beat a lot of guys with longer arms, Canelo hasn’t got a long reach yet he has beaten guys with a longer reach, Mikey Garcia hasn’t got long arms, he just beat Easter who has an incredible reach and actually used the reach well in their fight which he normally doesn’t do.

I say that too say this, reach is important no doubt but like any attribute it can be overcome when someone knows how to take it away, just check how Leonard the shorter man was able to beat a very skilled boxer in Hearns who is arguably the greatest long range welters in history. Skills pay the bills. In terms of quickness, Loma is one of the quickest boxers I’ve seen, I think Mikey would time him because he has the IQ and timing to pull it off doesn’t mean someone like Easter or Commey who has a longer reacher than Mikey can beat Loma though.

bandeedo likes this.
  9. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    Giving away 4 rounds or more in a fight where you are the huge favourite and not ending it with a KO. However like I said everyone struggles: Crawford, Ward, GGG, Usyk, Mikey etc but aren’t saddled with this lofty praising by the media as being an ATG already eventhough in the pro ranks they have achieved more than Loma has. I know Loma has less than 15 fights which is very impressive but that doesn’t make an ATG yet, sorry I just don’t believe that.

10. anthoto1

anthoto1 Active Member Full Member

Apr 13, 2013
    What did you smoke, bro ?

11. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    Nothing.

12. anthoto1

anthoto1 Active Member Full Member

Apr 13, 2013
    So I guess YDSAB. Giving Pedraza more than 4 rounds is overreaching. Hell, even two would be generous !

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    lighteningjab likes this.
  13. The Ogdoad

The Ogdoad Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Feb 27, 2017
    Vernon Forrest and Bernard Hopkins had shorter arms

jmashyaka likes this.
  14. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    Whatever man. I don’t know **** about boxing coz I gave Pedraza more rounds than you did? Are you some boxing god who’s word is law? GTFOH.

15. BVA

BVA member banned Full Member

Dec 12, 2018
    This content is protected

Watch Round 5 ^

Pedraza probably landed more punches in that one round against Davis than he did against Lomachenko in the whole fight :lol:

elbonzoseco likes this.