Hypothetical Match Up Game

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by TheBradyHawkes, Nov 14, 2008.

1. teeto

teeto Obsessed with Boxing banned

Oct 15, 2007
    I was actually siding with Napoles, but it's all up in the air because they're both complete technicians and of a great standard.

I'll take Armstrong i think. Napoles has them smooth, dicing combos and poweshots that can find space and a home anywhere though, so he could really land blows on his man, who likes to close distance. But i think as the fight progresses, Armstrong's constant pressing makes for a very interesting fight that maybe stylistically he has an edge in. I always thought that strong come forward men such as Basilio have a great chance to beat Napoles, and i think it would be ridiculously hard to outbox him. That's why i might like Armstrong here, the only thing is that i don't think Armstrong has a huge strength advantage. Armstrong anyway, only just.

Vasilly Jirov vs David Haye cruiser.

2. WhataRock

WhataRock VIP Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    We need this back to prevent this Hatton fad from getting anymore out of control. :lol:

I think Jirov stops him in the mid rounds after giving away some or even most of the early rounds.

Ricky hatton vs Sansak Muangsurin

3. la-califa

la-califa Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 12, 2007
    A prime Hatton keeps pressure on and wins a steady decision in this one.

Wilfred Benitez .vs. Julio Ceasar Chavez @ 140 Lbs.

4. PhillyPhan69

PhillyPhan69 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Nice match-up and I am a fan/respector of both. Chavez takes a close 7-5 type decision.

Vicente Saldivar vs MAB @ 126

5. WhataRock

Jul 29, 2004
    Interesting fight...it may have already been done in this thread and my opinion might have changed a little since then.

Saldivar was a consummate 15 round fighter, he took his time and mowed down his opponents gradually.

Over 12, which is the only fair way to do this for MAB, its gonna be tight IMO. But Id just assume Salidvar would condition himself and shift his tactics to deal with the shorter distance much like MAB would do if he had to fight over 15.

I think Barerra is just a little to hittable down the stretch, and a little to easy to goad into toe to toe kind of stuff. Im not going to suggest that Barrera had issues with southpaws just because Manny beat him so easy the first time but I think it does add a little of bit of extra difficulty for him in this one.

MAB piles up the rounds with his speed and rangyness early on...but Salidvar catches up to him and a late knockdown is the only thing that splits them after 12 exciting rounds.

Vicente close decision.

Brian Mitchell vs Rocky Lockridge @ 130

6. PhillyPhan69

PhillyPhan69 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 20, 2006
    I like both guys here. Brian Mitchell is either very underrated or just not very well known by very many. Rocky Lockridge is a jersey boy and provided me with some of my most memorable fights. I think Mitchell takes a razor close decision (Rocky always was the heartbreak kid...Pedroza/Gomez), and reminds us of the words Jim McDonnell said after fighting Mitchell "He is not great at any one thing, but he very good at everything and that equals greatness!"

Not sure if I have ever seen 2 top tier south-paws before....???

Vicente Saldivar vs Manny Pacquaio @126

7. tommygun711

tommygun711 The Future Full Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Vincent Salivdar by UD

Mugabi vs mcclellan @ middleweight

8. la-califa

la-califa Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 12, 2007
    McCllelen too fast and lands his big bombs first. Mugabi falls in three.

Ossie Ocasio .vs. Evander Holyfield. 15 rounds. 190 lbs.

9. Mr Butt

Mr Butt Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 16, 2009

ocasio was a cagey old dog but for me would not be able to outbox or out work the 190lb version of holyfield , i see holyfield pounding out a ud over a brave but out classed opponent

carlos de leon vs bert cooper at 190lbs 12 rounds

10. D.T

D.T Guest

DeLeon wins a decision. Might even visit the canvas.

Gerald McClellan vs Chris Eubank - 15 rounds?

11. WhataRock

Jul 29, 2004
    Eubanks pulls out a pretty clear points verdict after a tough start...Gots the skills and the chin to take G-Man's attacks and he would be hitting Gerald pretty much anytime he opened up.

Gasper Ortega vs Ike Quartey.

12. TheBradyHawkes

TheBradyHawkes ۞ Full Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Quartey gets that jab pumping early and often and wins a close, but clear UD

Napoles vs Trinidad @ WW

13. Foreman Hook

Foreman Hook ☆☆☆ G$ora ☆☆☆ Full Member

Jul 30, 2010
    i know what i say on this dont count, cos it already being done,, BUT G-Man KO6 Eubank.

Trinny KO3 Napo :bbb

14. Mr Butt

Mr Butt Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 16, 2009
    kid chocolate vs eric morales at super-feather over 12 rounds

15. Foreman Hook

Foreman Hook ☆☆☆ G$ora ☆☆☆ Full Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Morales TKO9 Choco. :!:

1997 Lennox VS 1988 Tyson @Heavy.