I am picking El Temible' to stop Hatton!!!!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by compukiller, Jun 21, 2007.

1. compukiller

compukiller Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    Yes, that's right. I think Castillo will stop Hatton this weekend, and in impressive fashion.

Now, I am no Hatton Hater. I feel he is overrated, but he has undeniable effectiveness, and as far as personality, he seems like a great guy. He can have a few pints at my local bar anytime. :good

But I feel Castillo is just a step above. Castillo can do many things in the ring. He can box, he can slug, he's a superb body puncher, and he can counter like no tomorrow. He also gets stronger as a fight goes on, and his condtioning is great. His level of comp so far has been impeccable, and although he has more than a few losses, it is against the best that he always shine.

People are saying Castillo is past it, but I don't see that. He didn't look great against Ngodou, but that guy is very hard to look good against, and he would have given Hatton trouble as well. He was coming of a layoff, and he did win the fight. He level of comp thus far has dwarfed Hatton's, who only has one great fighter on his resume, although Tszyu is one hell of a name to have. Castillo on the other hand has fought Stevie Johnston twice, Lazcano, Chico twice, Casamayor, Julio Diaz (who is now a top ranked contender), and Cesar bazan. He also arguably beat PBF the first time (I thought he edged it), and no matter who you thought won, Castillo put his foot in PBF's ass and showed him what it was like to have to dig down deep.

I think that some of those names (Casa, J Diaz, PBF and Chico) would seriously outbox Hatton if not outright stop him. Hatton has one thing going for him, which is handspeed. Outside of that, he has absolutely no defense, and can be hit with any punch at any time. His foot work isn't all that either, and he seems to lack some basic skills (havent really seen a jab from him). He has struggled in his last few starts, especially against Collazo, who nearly had Hatton out in the 12th.

I think he is open for Castillo's attacks all day, and Castillo will have no probelms finding him. He is the taller, longer fighter and has actually fought at welter in the past (winning those fights before going back to 135). I think this, Castillo's body attack, and counter punching ability will tell the tale in the end.

Hatton's only chance IMO is to constantly swarm him, but that still leaves him open for Castillo's shots. And if Hatton really doesn't like it downstairs, he is in for a LOOOOOONNNNGGGG night.

Feel free to disagree, but I fell the odds are heavy for Hatton, because people generally underate/don't like Castillo. The weight issues have soured people on him, but he is and has always been picked against in big fights, and people's issues with his weight problems have, I believe, kept them from seeing clearly.

Long story short, I believe Hatton is tailor made for El Temible, and will be stopped late in the fight:yep :good

2. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    Certainly a possibility, but I think Hatton will get the win on points.

3. compukiller

Mar 4, 2006
    Thanks. If he does, I will give him props, but I believe El Temible will prevail.

4. gatorage

gatorage Active Member Full Member

Apr 10, 2005
    An important point that I keep in mind with Hatton is that he has some smart people around him.

I've got no doubt that Graham and Co have watched Castillo closely well before setting up this bout and seen something (a lack of motivation, struggling with weight, a lowering in punch resistance and slowing reflexes would be my guess) in Castillo that shows he is right for fighting now.

I remember after the Tszyu fight, Graham said 'We had our eye on Tszyu for a while and we got him at the right time'...basically admitting that they got a 35 year old Tszyu that was pretty much done in terms of motivation and was looking for the final big money fight before riding off into the sunset.

The fact that Tszyu's trainer admitted telling Tszyu to retire after the Mitchell fight said it all to me.

But I like that. It was smart of Hatton to pick the right opponent at the right time. I think he is doing that with Castillo, who might just have given a bit too much away with the Corrales fights (and successive weight and financial disasters).

That said, I hope a mean looking Castillo turns up to fight. Love to see him win. I just think Hatton's camp know more than we do.

5. compukiller

Mar 4, 2006
    If he comes in thinking Castillo is finished, I believe he will be rudely awakended. Underestimating Castillo can only mean trouble.

6. geppy

geppy Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    You are seriously overrating Ngoudjo ,Compukiller. Herman looked very normal against Bailey and many thought he lost.

Look what Emmanuel Agustus did to Ngoudjo, he was knocked down and then totally out on his feet against Agustus, the final bell saved him. Watch the 12th round in the clip below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RkFAcirNbM

7. compukiller

Mar 4, 2006
    Ngodou is tough and rugged, especially for someone after an 11 month layoff. He will never be great, but that version that fought Castillo would have given Hatton problems (as the slow and plodding Urango did later that very same evening). I'm not saying he would win, but Hatton would not stop him at all.

8. geppy

Jul 19, 2004
    Randell Bailly hurt Ngoudjo. Emmanuel Agustus had Ngoudjo out no question about that, the final bell saved him.

9. compukiller

Mar 4, 2006
    The final bell also saved Hatton against Collazo.

10. geppy

Jul 19, 2004
    Not no were near as bad. Hatton was stunned in the 12th round , but he was ok. Not even close to being knocked down and out on his feet , with no legs and ropes holding him up like Ngoudjo.

Collazo is a World champion at 147. Ngoudjo is 140 lbs and barely survived Emmanuel Agustus.

11. compukiller

Mar 4, 2006
    Collazo should have kept his belt in that fight, it was at worst a draw for Luis. I'm not saying castillo's performance against Nogdou was all that good, but he did win the fight. Hatton also struggled with Urango, who was schooled by average Ben Rabah, but given the decision.

12. geppy

Jul 19, 2004

Castillo did no better against Ngoudgo , than Hatton did against Collazo. Castillo was 1 point away from the fight being a draw (!), and some people thought he lost. It was a very close fight. Hatton scored a knock down, that was the differance in his close fight.

13. jonesjrp4p1

jonesjrp4p1 16 yr old prodigy Full Member

Mar 31, 2007
  14. compukiller

Mar 4, 2006
    After the 4th rd, Collazo had that fight, although the KD made the difference. But hatton's hugging in that fight and the Urango fight made it seem like he really can't deal with bodywork.

15. HandsOfGold

HandsOfGold Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Hatton will wear Castillo out late and TKO him perhaps or finish stronger for a decision.

I don't see the battle-worn Castillo hanging in with the fresh, ferocious Hatton.