I am shocked that so few people think that Joshua has a chance at this thing...

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by catchwtboxing, Dec 18, 2020.

1. SmackDaBum

SmackDaBum TKO7 Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    I like both but will root for Fury.

Fury's advantages in fight.

1. Range: The combination of height, reach, footSpeed, handspeed, body coordination, Reactiontime, Smarts (feints to create more time and space etc)

This is all Fury

2. Outside: Jab and cross. Fury will decide the moments of this Exchanges because of 1. Joshua better improve his pullcounter for this one.

3. Pocket: this is Joshuas territory but not by alot 60/40 at best.

4. Clinches: this is Fury again. His overall size Weight Strength and stamina will drain Joshua's gastank. Fury is great at sneeking in uppercuts and hooks in The pocket as well. It could be risky against AJ in The early rounds but later on Fury should aim for this when Joshuas tired. And he will most likely capitalize on this If he want to.

This fight will look like Klitschko-Fury but with a lot more clinches.

Fury 70/30. Joshua still has a punchers chance.

sasto and Philly161 like this.
  2. DosserTerminator

DosserTerminator New Member Full Member

Dec 16, 2020
    Wallin was fast paced for 12 rounds recentlym

3. Entaowed

Entaowed Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 16, 2012
    I think Fury is 2/3 likely to win, but calling Ruiz 5' 10" when nobody else does + he is listed at 6' 2"-& looks shorter than whatever his exact height is because he is fat & fighting taller guys-& a midget betrays a massive bias & erodes your credibility as a serious observer of the sport.

WHich is a shame, because overall you do know your stuff.

Hoddsey likes this.
  4. Bokaj

Bokaj Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Yeah, and also Fury's worst outing. But he finished strong, though.

5. SmackDaBum

SmackDaBum TKO7 Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Wallin is better than advertised.

6. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Active Member Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Because people are tweaking. They saw Fury beat the crap out of overrated Deontay Wilder then they saw joshua get wiped out by Andy Ruiz. Like a previous poster said, that stays in the minds of people

Personally I've always favored Tyson Fury on points but only just. Ive always suspected that Joshua would stand in front of him looking to counter and march forward and put Fury on his back foot because Fury's power isnt dangerous unless he's sitting on his shots and Joshua's best chance is to get on the inside anyway. Besides that ive thought Joshua would gas and he'd get outboxed in the late rounds

But thats referring to Tyson Fury on his best night and even then i only slightly favor him. somethings all wrong about this situation. Fury produces his best performance when he's the underdog. Now he's the significant favorite. John Fury, Tommy Fury, Shane Fury, various boxing pundits and the majority of the boxing community are telling him Joshua is an easy nights work, Joshua is tailor made for him, etc. Fury has a history of getting complacent. If he goes in there thinking he can pressure Joshua he's going to get dismantled.

Because of all these factors i just dont even know anymore

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    sasto, JDub and moydjayweather like this.
  7. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    people are dumb and think in absolutes only. Many people have dubbed Fury as unbeatable when he's shown time after time that he's vulnerable and it should be quite clear that Joshua will at the very least pose some serious problems.

Kind of like how Wilder must be a bum because he hasn't fought xy or z

sasto and BCS8 like this.
  8. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Exactly it’s going to be a real fight and Fury is going to get clipped.

9. RB1702

RB1702 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 7, 2020
    Joshua’s style gives Fury fits. Too many people think Fury just had an off day against Wallin but no Wallin’s combinations and how he put his shots together really made Fury struggle. AJ does that way better. I will not be surprised in the slightest if AJ wins.

10. RB1702

May 7, 2020
    Fury couldn’t do 20 rounds if he actually consistently threw shots with lethal intent like Joshua.

11. RB1702

May 7, 2020
    Joshua has faster combinations than Fury and a much stiffer jab. It’s a myth that Fury has faster handspeed.

12. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Active Member Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Fury HAD faster handspeed but that was when he was 246 against Klitschko. When he weighed that weight he had almost no power in his punches whatsoever and had trouble turning his shots over which is why he excelled in outboxing instead of brawling

Now that he weighs 270+ and is training in the with Sugar Hill Steward he can sit on his punches to produce good power and now knows how to turn his shots over instead of slapping and flicking. But also now that he's 270+ he's slow compared to Aj and him being this slow might be his downfall in the Aj fight.

BCS8 likes this.
  13. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4 Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    I agree apart from the Wilder sucks part. I am a huge Fury fan so will be nervous for this one. AJ is a lot more solid than Wilder and Fury will not be able to just bull him around the ring like he did to Wilder he will have to out box AJ similar like he did to Klitchko although I think that Fury can stop AJ. The early rounds will be close and AJ has dangerous power and is a good finisher. I think it will take the first 4 rounds for Fury to find his groove before taking over but AJ is dangerous all fight long. If AJ is down on the cards I can see him getting desperate and going for broke.

catchwtboxing likes this.
  14. djfonti

djfonti Active Member Full Member

Jun 25, 2005
    It's a fifty fifty at best. There is no clear favourite. I hope fury doesn't underestimate him, it's going to be his toughest fight.

Hoddsey and RB1702 like this.
  15. Bustajay

Bustajay Feel the Steel/Balls Deep Full Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Fury is a mind job for anyone. He took Wilder apart with his mind games and his unbelievable WILL to win.
    AJ is in serious trouble