I dont care what anyone says.....James Toney is better and would beat .......

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Toopretty, Sep 14, 2007.

1. DoumB

DoumB HOYA KO1 PRESSCOT Full Member

Sep 18, 2006

no he aint, but hes simply better then toney for many reasons, was faster, more of a stand up fighter, toney was depending on his reflex while Joe depend on volume punching and angle, toney wouldnt evade all those punches, sure he could make Joe miss a few in the earlier part of the fight but the mor the fight goes on he would get atgged and a lot to a 12 round decision win for JC

2. Piffer

Piffer ****** KIT KAT Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    This content is protected

3. Piffer

Jul 19, 2004

4. DoumB

Sep 18, 2006
    JC step up to the caliber of opposition he fights, something Toney cant do

5. DoumB

Sep 18, 2006
    sorry jirov and JC aint the same fighter at ALL

6. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    Calzaghe uses feints very well. If you watch him, he is always feinting/moving in and out, making it hard for his opponents to know when he is throwing and from where he is throwing.

7. Ambition_Def

Ambition_Def **** the people. Full Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Meh.. You don't wanna give the man an ounce of credit do you? He damn near caught Toney with every right hand he threw as Toney was fully bent into his left. That is smart no matter what you say. Nobody, not Holyfield, Ruiz, Rahman or anyone else had tried that with Toney up until that fight.

Yea Toney was faded but so what. Sam is a big heavyweight who is slow compared to the 168lb guys Toney fought in his prime. So if you ask me, it all evens out.

8. DoumB

Sep 18, 2006
    yeah I love watching him for that, his faints leaves his oppoeneents confusez and almost eyes closed, I cant remember the fight where he feintd a left and the guy closed his guard and closed his eyes, joe stepped to the right and body punched him hard, that was funny:yep

9. Ambition_Def

Feb 4, 2006
    Jirov's main focus is on the body, which Toney covers up very well except around his right side. And besides that most of Jirov's work is very straight forward right hands and body shots. Not many Eastern-Euro fighters throw wide punches and Jirov was no exception.

And contrary to the whole Toney argument in this thread, Toney has always been open to wide punches. You just have to be fast enough to land them.

10. Piffer

Jul 19, 2004

11. Ambition_Def

Feb 4, 2006
    Nice of you to take what I say out of context.

I said anytime Toney leaned all the way into his left a Sam Peter right hand nailed him behind the ear. Just about everytime anyways.

So give him some credit instead of being a hater. :hi:

12. DoumB

Sep 18, 2006
    possible, but that doesnt mean joe couldnt beat him.

13. Piffer

Jul 19, 2004

14. Ambition_Def

Feb 4, 2006
    He doesn't need power. He needs speed, which Jirov is nowhere close to Calzaghe in that department. And Jirov most certainly did not focus on wide punches. It's on youtube as we speek check it out. His main attack was a jab and a straight right hand. When they did fall in then Jirov did his stock trade body punching.

And Jirov is pretty far from unorthodox as well.

15. Piffer

Jul 19, 2004