I dont care what anyone says.....James Toney is better and would beat .......

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Toopretty, Sep 14, 2007.

1. DoumB

DoumB HOYA KO1 PRESSCOT Full Member

Sep 18, 2006
    volume punching used with footwork and SPEED is a real different story, especialy when u consider the angle's joe is taking to throw them.

2. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    JC would do a better job (obviously) then jirov did of outworking JT, but instead of throwing arm punches at nothing, JC would be more accurate, more measured, would not be there to hit, ect...

Ill take JC by decision. Unless someone can break it down for me why JC would not just win more rounds through his aggression and workrate.

I think he has too much activity and movement for james.... the jirov fight was no walk in the park, and i think JC would do a much much much better job.

3. DoumB

Sep 18, 2006
    yep, Toney had trouble with jirov who is far from JC in term of abilities

4. DoumB

Sep 18, 2006
    ur hate is blinding u and only show us that your boxing knowledge is limited.:patsch

5. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    i dont know hit about boxing?

right... :rofl :patsch

sorry... if jirov could make things tough on toney, by coming forward applying pressure, and throwing arm punches at toneys shoulders... ****... the last couple rounds he was barely looking where he was throwing... and he stood RIGHT in front of toney just getting hit at will..

your saying JC couldnt do that? ya... hes not as powerful as jirov, but hes faster, speed is much more effective against toney then power.

ya... i dont know **** about boxing.. lol. kk bud. oh... is this juiced toney or... if there is such a thing... non juiced toney?

6. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    Then why don't you provide us a detailed analysis breaking down the fight and breaking down each fighter's strengths and weaknesses and how they would do against eachother.

7. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    sup piffer...

i actually do think it works here, because it would be used by JC to effectively take rounds that are up in the air imo... when toney is doing nothing, or trying to take him to the ropes to counter off him (like he did greatly against jirov) but his workrate and volume i think, though in numbers aspects is not as great as jirovs, in effectiveness i think is better.... he wont just stand in front of toney winging punches, and eating power bombs all night like jirov. i think his speed, volume, and that he wont be there to hit much for toney, just spell bad news for JT.

I think they go back and forth but with JC winning the rounds 8-4 abouts..... just through his activity, movement and speed... and not letting JT effectively counter in return... like hes been able to do against most opponents cuz they stand there for him, trying to unload their own shots.

8. brooklyn1550

Mar 4, 2006
    In terms of resume and overall accomplishments, yes, Joe Calzaghe is not in James Toney's league. But when you break down this fight, Joe Calzaghe matches up very well with James. Head to head and accomplishments are two different things.

9. box03

box03 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 19, 2007
    At least Toney fought somebody worth a ****, Calzaghes resume is realitively nameless. You can talk **** on Taylor as much you want but its pretty sad when a 27 yearold who had the title a little more than 2 years now, has a better resume than a man who held a title for more than 10 years now.

10. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Dude.... come on now...

they just previded us with...

'You're blind as Mr MaGoo'

These mofos are really TRIPPIN'

uuuuuh..... this is concrete right here man. No further explenation needed. i can see now that JT would knock out JC easy, cuz... well...

''Slappy Joe couldn't walk 10cm in Toney's footsteps''

11. brooklyn1550

Mar 4, 2006
    :lol:

12. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    As far as im concerned, there is no doubt in my mind that AS OF NOW, Toney should and is ranked much much higher then JC... based off his longevity, resume, obvious abililty, and all around bad assness.

13. brooklyn1550

Mar 4, 2006
    What makes you think that one sneaky right hand would knock out Joe for the 10 count? Are you saying this based off past evidence of JC being knocked out cold?

14. brooklyn1550

Mar 4, 2006
    Good analysis - I have no problems now that you have explained your thinking:good

15. Piffer

Piffer ****** KIT KAT Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    This content is protected