i get my license stripped

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by bierjunge, Sep 13, 2007.

1. bierjunge

bierjunge Member Full Member

Sep 28, 2005
    hey guys.

i got really bad news from the doctor. i just got diagnosed crohns disease. well now he said he couldnt do that anymore. does anyone have that disease and is still fighting? if yes, i get roids against it. will i be allowed to fight if i dont take em prior to fights? this is so sad for me. i mean they take away your sport and now you just got to sit and watch all of a sudden? cheers bierjunge

2. Lampley

Lampley Boxing Junkie banned

Oct 30, 2005
    Hey Bierjunge,

Very sorry to hear the news. I think you probably ought to think about your long-term health, because fighting with Crohn's might be a bad idea. You will be prone to inflammation as it is, and fighting could make that a lot worse.

You should definitely clear it with a doc before you step back in a ring.

Again, sorry to hear about that. The good news is that overall health still should be fine, especially if you take good care of yourself.

3. Fab2333

Fab2333 Needs to Get It 2Gether Full Member

Oct 25, 2006
    yeah man, that sucks but I agree with Lampley, you g2 think about your overall health at this point man. Live to see another day, fightin right now could be risky for you man.

4. DoumB

DoumB HOYA KO1 PRESSCOT Full Member

Sep 18, 2006
    exacly man

5. bierjunge

Sep 28, 2005
    its just so weird. all my life i could do whatever i wanted and all of a sudden its supposed to be all over? well i will definitly quit for now, but if its getting better i would always be tempted. ty for your messages guys

6. Axe

Axe Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 23, 2005
    Hang in there man, you got some good advice from Lampley. :good

7. Jose FM

Jose FM Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 29, 2007
    Dood, my ex had Cohns disease, and i can tell you first had that it can be really bad if you dont take care of yourself. If you do, you shall be fine. While it sucks that youll have to stop boxing, its not the end of the world, youll still your life and be concerned with going forward and being healthy, cause in the end thats all that matters.

8. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    I'm sorry to hear that

9. bierjunge

Sep 28, 2005
    thank you all for your advice and wishes. thank you all bierjunge

10. Silverfox

Silverfox Member Full Member

Jun 1, 2007
    Sorry to hear that. There is a definite link to this condition, by the eating of refined flour products. Refined wheat..gluten, etc...is a no no for you! Cut out all bread and flour products and see what happens!

http://tuberose.com/Fiber.html