I hate to say this but it's stealing from our sport (MMA)

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Mike_b, Jun 5, 2022.

1. Mike_b

Mike_b Active Member Full Member

Jul 9, 2020
    I Cleary indicated that MMA is stealing from the sport of boxing ! Imagine how many pugilists would be around if there was no such thing as MMA, just food for thought, like the saying: where are all the good hws from America? Answer, they're all posted up in the paint or on the grid iron...just imagine if all those BJJ players especially from Brazil, the Gracie's were boxers lol? It's either that or a karate, judo, fencing, arnes player, you get what I mean?

2. Rakesh

Rakesh Active Member Full Member

Jul 6, 2021
    Well, that's martial arts, boxing isn't exactly the only martial art, I'd say American Football is a better example for American heavyweight talents not boxing

Mike_b likes this.
  3. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz ellerbes daddy Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    I don't know. All those American Football guys transitioning to MMA are losing to complete bums lol.

4. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Didnt Jake Paul knock out some basketball player with ease? :risas3:

5. mark ant

mark ant 14.1% of Michigan residents live in poverty line Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Most MMA fighters start off with a marrtial arts background, they don`t start off in martial arts like BJJ or kickboxing intending to fight in the MMA, very few boxers switch to MMA and most MMA fighters have poor boxing skills.

Mike_b likes this.
  6. mark ant

mark ant 14.1% of Michigan residents live in poverty line Full Member

May 4, 2017
    You wouldn`t get many American football players lasting long against a top 10 boxer.