I have feeling Wilder is looking for a way to duck Fury without looking bad

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Tyson Fury Goat, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Tyson Fury Goat

Tyson Fury Goat Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 21, 2017
    Believe me he wants to parts of a fully fit fury

He doesn't want to fight Fury again he will try to win a title in anther way

His managemnt and team also know that he doesnt stand a chance against Fury

Fury is a natural heavyweight and will break wilder apart again

2. Jamzy ⭐

Jamzy ⭐ Active Member Full Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Okay, Mister conspiracy theory. Very cool.

3. markclow

markclow Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 23, 2005
    Of course he wants another payday.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  4. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    The virus means the rematch won't be happening in the agreed upon time. Surely these extraordinary circumstances allow him to retain a right to say he's owed a rematch down the line and let the division move on in the meantime. Some wait your turn money coming his way should sweeten the deal.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  5. Jackman65

Jackman65 FJB Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    Based on what evidence? Boxers are in the business of making money. Wilder isn’t going to get paid to fight scrubs until he beats Fury. Ducking at this stage would be too high profile after he was soundly defeated on the world stage.

Wilder needs to “prove” his loss was a fluke and the only way to do that is by beating the guy who made him look like an amateur. It’s a tough road for Wilder and I don’t think he can do it but it’s the only one. Fans are stupid but not that stupid. Wilder only has one road to salvaging his career.

His team is probably sending cases of booze and large bags of cocaine to Fury’s house. If fit and sober Fury shows up to the next fight, it’s going to be a difficult night for Wilder. Probably a shorter night than the last fight.

Willie Maeket and kriszhao like this.
  6. Banana-Rama

Banana-Rama Active Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Don't think the rematch will happen now, the contract clause is going to expire before the fight can get made, and then what incentive would there be for fury to fight him again when he can take a mega fight with joshua? Wilder will always have that one punch ko punchers chance so why would fury risk it if he doesn't have to...

7. Scar

Scar VIP Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Yes, he's trying to duck someone he already fought twice. Sure thing, moron.

Jackman65 and quest00 like this.
  8. Naked Snake

Naked Snake Active Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2020
    You have to understand that Wilder is very, very delusional. I think he actually believes it's his costume that caused his loss and not his devastating lack of talent or ability beyond the right hand. Of course he's going to grab a rematch with both hands. He'll want to try and get his belt back before it disappears and he has to go on the comeback trail, because there's no way he's avoiding elite level opposition if he wants to be champion this time.

9. The Clan

The Clan Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 11, 2007
    I’ve no doubt that pride played its part in his desire to trigger a rematch clause but he will also have been told that he can’t lose out financially whether it happens or not.

He’ll have been advised that step aside money could be as much as $8 or $10 million so not triggering the rematch was not good financial sense.

He now has the time to consider how he comes back, either a cash out 3rd fight with Fury which he cannot win or step aside Bank $10 Million and fight Charles Martin eg

DoubleJab666 likes this.
  10. Faceplant

Faceplant Lucky Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    I think Wilder is deluded enough to still think he can beat Fury. His team however of course may not think the rematch is a good idea.

Contro likes this.
  11. Usercom

Usercom Member banned Full Member

Jan 24, 2020
    PBC needs the rematch to go ahead as this will be their only real money maker for the coming months. Also, there is a chance (small) that Wilder can land the big punch. While I will not speculate on what Wilder wants, his wishes don't come into this. He got paid millions for the Breazale and Ortiz fights that lost Showtime and Fox money. He now needs to earn that back.

After the shutdown, I think if Wilder does not fight Fury, the PBC in its current shape is done. There are no other fighters in their stable that can satisfy the FOX demand for PPV's to earn back their investment.

LoadedGlove likes this.
  12. Papa_Bear

Papa_Bear Active Member Full Member

Nov 15, 2008
    As absurdly deluded as Wilder is, at the end of the day he takes orders. If he's willing to turn down $100m from DAZN on Haymon's instruction then he'll have no issue letting the immediate Fury rematch go - if he is told to do so (his "slave" comments towards Joshua/Hearn were so obviously a case of projection). Still though I doubt that will happen.

On paper it seems to make all the sense in the world to build Deontay's aura back up with a couple of brutal KO's and then stick him in with the Fury-AJ winner (clearly hoping it will be the latter). The problem with that strategy though is obvious - he's not very good. What credible, sellable fights can Wilder be put in where he won't be at significant risk of losing? Especially now with his aura of invincibility gone? Looking at the PBC pool (since Haymon wouldn't let him fight anyone not under control) I don't think there is a chance in hell Al puts him against Ruiz, and even Martin and Kownacki would be risky. Hell, even someone Helenius might be risky given DW's likely loss of confidence.

Wilder has a chance against anybody for one obvious reason, but he's also easily capable of losing to basically anyone in the top 20. For that reason, unless you're going to send him back to knocking over literal journeymen, I see there as being little other choice but to go for the immediate rematch. Who knows, maybe he'll find that one lucky punch?

Usercom likes this.
  13. don owens

don owens Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 5, 2005
    I don't know why a thorough ass whipping would make a person reluctant to fight the guy that did it....again. Wilder was dominated...make to look like a fool...a fool with no skills or plan b. Wilder was knocked down twice...bloodied....his corner saved him from a well deserved ko loss. Factoring in his nonsense about wanting a body on his record. Thinking it over, I suspect the damage done by the costumes heavy weight combined with all the walking in the dressing room are the real reasons for the loss. It could be he doesn't want a rematch until the lasting effects of those two things subside.

iii and Entaowed like this.
  14. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Wilder has given no reasons to question his heart at all

15. Jennifer Love Hewitt

Jennifer Love Hewitt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    I think Wilder's plan (or his management's plan) was to cash out. Maybe hope that lucky punch can land on an under-motivated Fury.