I keep watching Ruiz Joshua because it doesn't get old

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by tinman, Jun 25, 2019.

1. edabomb

edabomb Active Member Full Member

Jul 2, 2011
    I did feel a bit bad for him. But then he opens his mouth and starts talking about how this is part of the story and you realise the insane ego of the guy. He's already a legend in his own head, so seeing the embarrassment on his face after losing to Andy became very sweet indeed.

2. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Good fight, lots of knockdowns, drama. One for the highlight reels of modern HW boxing!

3. wucking fasted

wucking fasted Anthony Joshua - the Bob Sapp of boxing Full Member

Aug 20, 2010
    I have never been a Joshua fan, but I do feel sorry for him. It was painfully embarrassing watching him quit.

4. smiffyinoz

smiffyinoz Active Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Joshua is famous for the way he looks and talks (at least in the UK). Even if he didn't fight again he would be able to live off his name. He would still appear on Graham Norton and the housewives will continue to lap it up. If Daniel Dubois became heavyweight champ he would have 1% of the appeal to the advertisers and entertainment industry. The guy is thick as pig sh*t.

edabomb likes this.
  5. JackSilver

JackSilver Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 24, 2017
    Yeah, even his own shadow seems to have more charisma and personality than Dubois has but don’t forget where Joshua started from, back in the days where he was a local street enforcer thug and small time drug dealer and he ending up being the most marketed hyped boxer ever in the uk so they can certainly reinvent Dubois if necessary.

6. edabomb

edabomb Active Member Full Member

Jul 2, 2011
    He has plenty of charisma for sure. Just a difference between saying you're humble and acting humble I guess.

7. rhin0z>

rhin0z> Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 13, 2014
    Lots on the crap on joshua train. But dont forget he ducked no one and win loose or draw he has some of the best heavyweight fights in the last five years. What other belt holding champion can say that.

In the history of boxing one loss never meant anything to a true champion

8. 3rdegree

3rdegree Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Not many were looking forward to their first fight. Everyone thought that Andy was a gimme until the unthinkable happened. The rematch will be the most anticipated fight in recent history. I didn't buy the first fight, but will the second.

9. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    I've watched it so much. Honestly, cannot get enough of it.

10. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    It's a great little fight :D There are some semi-legitimate excuses AJ can make for the rematch. He might win the rematch. But at this point having watched the fight a few times, I can't but get the feeling that people (and I include myself) have been sleeping on Ruiz. I've got a suspicion he's going to repeat his performance.

11. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    It's a good wank for you isn't it

12. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Yeah, tjhat's beautiful boxing from Ruiz, and it's stuff like that that cements the idea that Ruiz should handle Joshua in the rematch.
    Ruiz found so many weaknesses and holes in Joshua's defences and was just starting to get going when Joshua wanted no more of it.
    I can imagine Joshua making huge improvements for the rematch ... but Ruiz and his team are so far ahead of Joshua and will have time to make plenty of improvements too.

Joshua needs to change his entire style and strategy, impossible in a few months.
    Barring an early one-punch (or one combination) KO or devastating early TKO of an unprepared Ruiz (unlikely, judging from Ruiz's durability and coolness under fire), I can't see Joshua having much chance.
    Ruiz took him apart. And will take him apart again.

13. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    I can totally relate to this thread ... even though Dillian never won I’ve watched the AJ/Dillian fight many, many times for the underdog story and surprise when Dillian fires back.

“And the smugness has been knocked right out of AJ”

14. KO Artist

KO Artist Do not attempt to adjust your TV Full Member

Aug 29, 2018
    I think you have insecurity issues. Also, you probably rub one out to it, don't you? Releases all that anger?

15. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    :lol:

That looks like Eddie Hearn!