i officially retired from the pro ranks under the b.b.b.c today!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by rochsolloch, Jul 6, 2007.

1. heerko koois

heerko koois Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
    :good

2. The Hitman

The Hitman Member Full Member

Dec 17, 2005
    Just had a look at your record, you fought some tough guys mate. Best of luck with your life after boxing :thumbsup

Keep posting on here though, its good to have guys around who can offer a pro fighters perspective on things, especially for guys like me who would never be brave enough to step through the ropes let alone challenge for British titles! :bbb

3. o_money

o_money Boxing Junkie banned

Apr 8, 2006
    good to hear mate.....as for other pros....Darnell Wilson used to post on here every once in a while but i haven't seen him on in a bit. maybe some have. theres a bunch of guys that are affiliated with the game in some way shape or form around here though...but I can't name any of them off the top of my head right now.

4. Chief_Second

Chief_Second Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 12, 2007
    Should be proud to have been pro. good luck!!!!

(O'Neil Murray I retired and am now a lawyer)

5. rendog67

rendog67 The firestarter Full Member

Apr 27, 2006
    rochsolloch quick question do you feel that all the fitness work you have done over the years willl help you live a healthy and long life? or do you feel that the physical and mental demands over the years will affect you later. I really hope its the first option as i have upmost respect for anyone who puts themselves through it to entertain us fans. just always wondered how boxers generally feel at the end of their carreer

6. My dinner with Conteh

My dinner with Conteh Tending Bepi Ros' grave again Full Member

Dec 18, 2004
    I know I've mentioned it before but i was at your fight with Dazzo. Good effort mate, could've gone either way. Maybe a draw was fairest.

7. igotJUIC3

igotJUIC3 Boxing Junkie banned

Jun 28, 2007
    what was your record if i may ask?

8. rochsolloch

rochsolloch stephen chinnock Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    theres good arguments for yes and no,obviously the clean living is great for you but the punishment is brutal ,when a fighter trains all hes really doing is conditioning his body to take punishment,and then you have stamina and cardio.
    i think the reason a lot of fighters die young is because they live well and clean or they should during their career then they retire and get heavily into alcohol and drugs and their bodies have no tolerance so they overdose or end up alcoholic very early.my hands are brittle my nose is smashed i get aches but im not too bad i was 24 or 25 before i had my 1st pro fight so i was relatively late.

9. rochsolloch

Oct 7, 2006
    the referee gave it to him somthing like 96-95
    i remember there was only a point in it.
    i resented that referee for a long long time ,i feel i won.

10. rochsolloch

Oct 7, 2006
    10-4.

11. rochsolloch

Oct 7, 2006
    you know dazzo mate?

12. rochsolloch

Oct 7, 2006

where are you from mate? did you only see me fight 1 time?
    youll know im a thin guy almost like johnny owen was!

13. rochsolloch

Oct 7, 2006

hahahaha!
    if you can get me that fight ill take it instantly!
    ill get a severe beating but ill still go toe 2 toe with him for a big payday,but thats just silly thinking if i continued fighting it would take me 2 wins to be ranked in the top 30 in the world probably sadly its over for me!

but if you can get that fight then please do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol: