I predict a riot!

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Blue Manc, May 15, 2018.

1. Blue Manc

Blue Manc Member Full Member

Apr 6, 2018
    Selby has been out in L.A sparring Mexican fighters who I would suspect are better come forward fighters than Warrington, so I can only see a boxing lesson unless Lee is struggling with the weight?

Potwash, moog, Scissors and 1 other person like this.
  2. Accurate

Accurate Jump back, wanna kiss myself! Full Member

May 3, 2018
    Only way Selby loses this is if he is struggling at the weight IMO. Levels above Warrington.

Potwash, moog, Scissors and 1 other person like this.
  3. Hit The Road Jack

Hit The Road Jack Member banned Full Member

May 9, 2018
    well the Kaiser Chiefs are playing, so I predict one too.

305th likes this.
  4. Blue Manc

Apr 6, 2018
    I hope Selby pulls a k.o. out!I know he isn't known for being a big puncher but just watched the press conference and head 2 head and Warrington looks like one of those mouthy little shits whose big brother will knock you out! The brother in this equation being the home crowd

305th, Potwash and moog like this.
  5. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I really don’t think you can write Warrington off. It seems that even if he does win, the excuse will be the weight. He’s no mug though and he’ll pile the pressure on Selby. Looking forward to it loads.

6. DJN16

DJN16 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Selby should win this however I reckon he needs to be at the top of his game. I can see a very determined Warrington putting in a career best performance....or at least attempt. Selby better be on his game.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    Potwash, moog and Twentyman like this.
  7. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Think Warrington is trying to rile Selby so he abandons his boxing skills and fights up close. I think Selby will hold his head and build a big lead at half way with Warrington closing it late on but losing, or as Warrington gets desperate he might walk on to one and be taking out.

8. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Really looking foward to this fight now...i was hoping Selby knocks him out and if Warrington wants a war it might happen!

Either way it should be a good scrap.

Scissors and moog like this.
  9. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    To be fair to jw I think we have seen an artificial persona deliberately created to hype this fight. People who claim to know him say he is a very nice lad. Selby is too laid back so the promoters picked josh to lay the role of the bad guy, I feel. Everything point to a points win either way...I favour selby.

Sphillips, 305th, Hugo98 and 2 others like this.
  10. Babalinguaneck

Babalinguaneck New Member Full Member

Nov 14, 2014
    If Warrington wins more than 2 rounds I'll eat my own arse!

Scissors and CutThroatFade like this.
  11. Blue Manc

Apr 6, 2018
    I understand what you mean he was a nice guy dentist before but now is being portrayed as some sort of Leeds hooligan cos Selby referred to his fans as such.

305th and moog like this.
  12. hap

hap Member Full Member

Mar 28, 2015
    It wouldn't surprise me if Warrington makes this a much closer fight than it should be for Selby.

13. BoxingABC1

BoxingABC1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2016
    I think Warrington might win a few rounds based off of his workrate and hometown advantage, I think Selby should win this if he doesn't get drawn into Warringtons kind of fight. I see a 116-112/117-111 sort of score

14. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    I don't give Warrington a chance. This is similar to Frampton-Quigg in that it's a slick boxer against an energetic pressure fighter but Quigg actually hits hard and Selby has physical advantages.

Easy, easy win for Lee.

Scissors likes this.
  15. Hit The Road Jack

Hit The Road Jack Member banned Full Member

May 9, 2018
    Josh Warrington is gonna win :deal:

They've got the timing right, he's improved, home advantage with a big hostile crowd, Selby is overrated imo and Warrington underrated.

We'll see, but I fancy Warrington to win, probably on points 7-5 or 8-4, He's the more hungry fighter he'll be right up for this and I think he'll outwork Selby.