I still don't rate Joyce

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Dannymita, Nov 29, 2020.

1. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    if i was worried about it, i would have. those that know boxing already know how much weight my words carry. click on my avatar, youll find examples on the first page of the post history.

2. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Joyce isn't easy work for anyone, but Fury is the one I pick to beat him with the least trouble. Joshua beats him but has to fight out of his skin.

Wilder loses to him. Not a matter of speed but of ring iq that decides that one.

3. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne's life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    Thank you for finding this.

CST80 likes this.
  4. It's Ovah

Sep 5, 2016
    If you can't even give a single one line prediction like I think Joyce wins by late TKO then why are you even commenting on either man?

Makes more sense to talk about fighters you have some interest in, surely?

5. bandeedo

Feb 19, 2007
    did you not read my post where i said that particular pair of talents didnt interest me as much as the fanboy delusions? does that not explain why i posted where and why? do i need to explain it further? or maybe, to save time, you can explain what would make you happy.

6. chacal

chacal F*** the new normal Full Member

Jun 21, 2015
    I dont want to be mean. But dont you think that 50 years old mike tyson would easily win to joyce? tyson's waist is still fast enough to clip joyce at will with a hook every time he tries to launch such a slow jab.

rjj is shot to pieces, but man, tyson still can peekaboo like a boss....

Edit: im joking...

Im joking but joyce is slow as F....

Dannymita likes this.
  7. It's Ovah

Sep 5, 2016
    Fanboy delusions of Dubois have already been dispelled, as proved by the result of the fight.

Opinions of Joyce are the accurate appraisal of the man, as proved by the result of the fight.

Not entirely sure what you're hoping to point out here.

8. bandeedo

Feb 19, 2007
    well what part is confusing you, as ive said, ill give you as straight an answer as i know how.

9. It's Ovah

Sep 5, 2016
    Well for a start what do you make of his chances against the current top ten? Who beats him, who loses to him, and how?

10. bandeedo

Feb 19, 2007
    i dont follow all the top 10, cant see a return on my investment of time if i dont see the potential for success at the very top. aj, fury, ruiz and possibly wilder, if he ever comes back from mars, will beat him. the rest i dont really follow or care about as they will never matter at those levels. i will catch their fights if im at the right place at the right time, but i aint breaking any plans to watch them. if a fighter comes along outside of those, that i think i see the potential to compete at the top, then i will follow them more.
    my analysis comes from what i see in what they do, and what their opponents do.
    for example, usyk, i graded him not just on his performance, but his opponents performance too. he will never be top dog either. ruiz destroys him, never mind the belt holders.
    aj will beat fury when they fight.
    when and if wilder ever gets back, i will see where he is mentally and teamwise before making predictions on him.
    i just gave you plenty to throw in my face if im wrong on any of it in the future, something i do all the time here. how many times have you seen someone throw my incorrect analysis in my face before? well thats how many times im wrong.
    now for in depth analysis on a fight as to how it will play out in the ring, get at me on fight week and i will happily put myself out there with what i see. and if im wrong, then i always ask that you remind me of it, it keeps me self aware of what my ability actually is.
    but if im right, respect my knowledge.

11. edabomb

edabomb Active Member Full Member

Jul 2, 2011
    I'd like to see Joyce vs Parker. Seems a really even match up to me, Parker should win based on speed and variation of punches but he's the type of guy who never seems to put it all together.

12. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Joyce continues to be underrated

Beats every HW in UK bar the top two right now....and he may just even beat one of those

CST80 likes this.
  13. Fuzzykat

Fuzzykat Member Full Member

Jun 18, 2019
    I rate Joyce just outside the top ten. He needs a fight with Parker, Ruiz, Ortiz, Pulev next.

14. Tyistall

Tyistall Member banned Full Member

Sep 26, 2018
    You don't have to rate him, he still won though hahahahha

15. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    I have it on excellent authority that AJ did not enjoy sparring with Joyce. I don’t think anyone would frankly.