I think Floyd Mayweather and Shane Mosley Will Still Fight in the Spring of 08'

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Thread Stealer, Nov 10, 2007.


  1. Thread Stealer

    Thread Stealer Loyal Member Full Member

    41,958
    3,432
    Jun 30, 2005
    Provided PBF gets past Hatton.

    Mayweather and Arum hate each other. Cotto will fight DLH in May 08' and the Golden Snaggle Tooth Mafia will entice Floyd with the lure of the payday of a DLH rematch but want him to go through Mosley first.

    Mosley fought a good fight against one of the top WWs in the world and it was a real close fight. Mosley's stock shouldn't drop, he's still a very good fighter and one of top WWs.
     
  2. standing 8countboxing

    standing 8countboxing Well-Known Member Full Member

    2,472
    1
    Feb 22, 2005
    I honestly had the same thought following the fight. It was a close fight, so the PBF Shane fight still gets good press. What does look bad is that Mayweather will be fighting a guy who is 6-6-1 in his last fights, and the PBF haters will take advantage of that stat.
     
  3. Thread Stealer

    Thread Stealer Loyal Member Full Member

    41,958
    3,432
    Jun 30, 2005
    If Cotto fights DLH in May and wins, his popularity will increase substantially, HBO will want Mayweather-Cotto, and Arum and Floyd will have more money in the pot and be more likely to kiss and make up like Arum and Oscar did.
     
  4. mikeatris

    mikeatris SUPREME MATHEMATICS Full Member

    1,030
    1
    Nov 2, 2005
    Read my comment in Cotto-Mosley 2. No need for De La Hoya to mess this up and try to fight Cotto. He will not win. Yeah I can see Floyd fighting Mosley and retring after that. Bum.
     
  5. mikeatris

    mikeatris SUPREME MATHEMATICS Full Member

    1,030
    1
    Nov 2, 2005
    Not hating but I have been following Floyd since amateur man. Like I said years ago he is going down the Roy Jones route. Handpicking tomato cans. He will beat a Hatton who struggle last year in his only fight at 147. This will be cherry pickings for Floyd as he will have problems with natural bigger welters. I said it and I will say it again. Paul Williams will beat him. How do you counter someone who throws over 100 punches a round and you do not have welterweight power? Please explain.
     
  6. yesihavearm

    yesihavearm Active Member Full Member

    1,498
    1
    May 15, 2007
    Considering Shane actually won the fight, then yeah it will go ahead.
     
  7. Super_Fly_Sam

    Super_Fly_Sam Aus Boxer Full Member

    2,471
    13
    Oct 4, 2006
    Is Shane couldnt beat Miguel...

    Oscar never will
     
  8. toffeejack

    toffeejack Boxing Addict Full Member

    5,064
    1
    Apr 30, 2007
    Mosley is way past his best now I don't see the point in this fight happening.

    Surely it has to be the winner of PBF/Hatton v Cotto now?
     
  9. Pimp C

    Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

    122,883
    34,875
    Jun 23, 2005
    It sucks a great fight like this might not get made because of Arum and PBF's relationship. But I think that Cotto will fight Oscar in May.
     
  10. the_what

    the_what Bolo Punch KO Full Member

    8,031
    0
    Jul 20, 2004
    I have no problem with Mosley/Mayweather coming off. Mosley showed he is still an elite Welterweight despite his loss to Mayweather. As long as we get Mayweather/Cotto sometime in '08.

    I would hate for Cotto to fight DLH though. DLH does nothing for Cotto's career other than fatten his wallet.
     
  11. Thread Stealer

    Thread Stealer Loyal Member Full Member

    41,958
    3,432
    Jun 30, 2005
    It might have to happen though for Floyd and Bob to make up and make a Mayweather-Cotto fight.

    Cotto's exposure and popularity would increase a good deal if he beat Oscar. HBO would push for a Mayweather-Cotto fight and there'd be more money in the pot to get Bob and Floyd to work together again.