I think Fury is regressing.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by FastSmith7, Oct 9, 2021.

1. FastSmith7

FastSmith7 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2017
    Wilder looked awful tonight.
    He was slow and predictable and flat on his feet.
    Fury was also slow and sloppy.

He is 33 years old and hes put his body through a lot of abuse. He was out of the ring for 3 years, balooned up to 400+ lbs and put his body through abuse with alcohol and drugs.

That takes its toll and probably removed a few years from his career.

Fury to me looked noticeably worse than he did in the 2nd fight, hell even the first fight.

2. Malieke.H

Malieke.H New Member banned Full Member

Oct 2, 2021
    No he isnt !!! Wilder was just more prepared for an agressive Fury

Usyk schools prime Fury

3. FastSmith7

Sep 16, 2017
    Was he? He didnt seem prepared to me. He had a gameplan in the first round and then it went out of the window

KO KIDD and George Crowcroft like this.
  4. Potato80

Potato80 A potato Full Member

May 9, 2017
    Literally the opposite. Had to adjust to a fantastic Wilder; had the minerals the rise off the canvas twice, and showed contempt for the most dangerous puncher in boxing history.

He looked less sharp,I agree, though.

pacas, DarkHorse901 and AdamT like this.
  5. Malieke.H

Malieke.H New Member banned Full Member

Oct 2, 2021
    Wilder went to body but Wilder also was also fighting on inside more and Fury wasn't allowed to headlock him much. He also got tagged in 2nd fight multiple times but Wilder had no idea how to start fighting against agressive Fury in 2nd fight.

6. Conteh'sLeft

Conteh'sLeft Active Member Full Member

May 23, 2021
    Nope Fury's just enjoying the puncher role a bit and against Wilder this kind of fight was the right thing to do if Fury wanted a knockout which he got .

7. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    I don't think he was motivated for this fight and Wilder was ultra motivated. He still landed the best punches he's landed on Wilder in all three of their fights.

ShovelHook, Furey, Mickc and 6 others like this.
  8. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    I really feel for Wilder because I think he had the right gameplan to win. You look at how he came out in the first round jabbing to the body, winning that first round, you could tell they had a strategy and it was working, but even as he did that in round 1, it was clear that his stamina was going to be a problem. Wilder was too exhausted to execute the gameplan and maintain the work rate that he established in round 1. You could see it in his eyes before the first bell even rang. What's scary is how well Wilder did despite being totally gassed from the jump. Wilder showed tremendous heart and resiliency, but he wouldn't have needed all of that had he just came into the ring with his stamina intact. Something was very wrong with Wilder when he entered the ring, but he still produced an unbelivable effort.

Jake Speed and KO KIDD like this.
  9. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    That was the best version of Wilder we have ever seen. And Fury beat the brakes off him for 6 rounds in a row finally getting that highlight reel KO.

Fury should be getting credit for that performance not negativity about him being sloppy.

He clearly caught up in the animosity and in the fight. At times forgetting to move his head, not using his jab and smothering his own work. But that happens in a real fight

ATP, ShovelHook, pacas and 9 others like this.
  10. Ilesey

Ilesey ~ Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    No way is he regressing.

pacas likes this.
  11. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    He didn't look in great shape tbh. Still not near the shape he was in for Wlad in 15.

12. slash

slash Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 15, 2012
    It seems like he keeps delaying fights because it takes his fat ass about a year and half to train.

He has to get rid of that fat around his waist. Lucky for him he was fighting a tosser.

lockyuriy likes this.
  13. FastSmith7

Sep 16, 2017
    Wilder was gassed out after 1 round and completely done after 5 rounds. He was slow and sloppy

Even Furys corner wasnt too happy with him

lockyuriy and shadow111 like this.
  14. MyDentedHead

MyDentedHead Active Member banned Full Member

Jun 1, 2021
    yes he looked tired in there but holy **** both dude got serious heart

lepinthehood and Malieke.H like this.
  15. PIPO23

PIPO23 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 18, 2006
    Gone was the head movements and feints and he just wanted to go in throw then smother. Probably why he got caught. If he had used his feints and jab. It would have been early finish imo. Relying on his extra weight to tire Wilder.