I think Fury is terrified of Usyk

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by tinman, Jul 9, 2022.

1. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    A fighter's career doesn't become a fully dramatic proposition until he's tasted defeat or been involved in a confrontational decision, but ideally an official loss which will ramp up the drama to maximum.

navigator likes this.
  2. Hanz Cholo

Hanz Cholo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    He should be
    for all men
    wether they be proper fighting men or not…
    They should always have a healthy fear
    of the dancing bear.

3. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    This content is protected

Fury truly is batman

4. iceferg

iceferg Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Who's Usyk beaten though if you're reducing Fury's career to two wins? Briedis and Joshua.

5. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." banned Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    A legend on this particular forum, but nowhere else.

6. ShortRound

ShortRound Active Member banned Full Member

Jun 6, 2022
    "Usyk will beat Fury" is another variation of "AJ will beat Fury".

Many on this forum were claiming that a post-Ruiz AJ would beat Fury prior to AJ's loss to Usyk. And if AJ beats Usyk in the rematch, many will go back to claiming that it will be AJ to topple Fury.

Usyk has beaten AJ (who was demolished by Andy Ruiz of all people) and Chisora (who Fury utterly toyed with in 2014) at heavyweight in tough fights. He's also got a win over a 198 lbs Hunter, who went on to go life and death with a 40+ Povetkin. If you maintain as I do that AJ was never on Fury's level, Usyk's 8-4/9-3 over him is no reason to think that Usyk would be favoured against Fury, who I believe would stop AJ inside 8 rounds.

navigator and TheWizard like this.
  7. tinman

Feb 25, 2015
    And in Latvia.

8. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." banned Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    True enough.

My personal favorite Latvian is a guy who, before he returned to the continent to ply his trade on home soil, was being paid to turn up and lose to prospects by unwitting UK matchmakers who didn't realise that the anonymous Balt they'd picked without sufficient homework was going to come fully fighting fit and with a bunch of ambition to leave them reliant on crooked scorecards to preserve their charges' unblemished records. :lol: Boner points if you get the name.

9. tinman

Feb 25, 2015
    Dont know the fighter you're talking about, but as far as boners go my staying power is the stuff of legends among women.

10. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Well put.

catchwtboxing likes this.
  11. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Excellent post.

12. Special one

Special one Active Member Full Member

Mar 20, 2019
    No way is he scared of Usyk, he's shared the ring with Wilder twice and stepped back in for a third go ffs. But scared of being made to look silly in the ring deffo, he sees himself as the greatest ever imho and to be out boxed for 12 rounds would be worse than getting chinned the way he sees it I reckon.

box33 likes this.
  13. box33

box33 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 25, 2021
    Agree with you if i had to pick a reason i too would lean towards what you said,

As Fury truly believes he is the greatest for some odd reason, losing a decision for him in that way No Bueno & ill add that favourite saying of so called UK boxing experts (if they have ever existed) the term being outclassed.

14. Boxing2019

Boxing2019 If you want peace, prepare war. Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Sure. Hes terrified of a boxing monster.

15. Chris wrench

Chris wrench New Member Full Member

Aug 14, 2021
    What a load of nonsense. I'm no massive fury fan but that's a one sided fight in his favour. Using the accidental uppercut that was a one off freak thing approximately 6 billion years ago just to try and look funny is pathetic given that it adds nothing to the point in that paragraph. On top of that in the very next sentence, you said you respect his skill. Was he worried about looking slow against any other opponent? How would usyk make him any more uncomfortable than being at 70% of his best and rendered unconscious for a few seconds by wilder? How would usyk make him look tired given that when he woke up from the punch in the 12th, he was still boxing brilliantly and was full of energy.
    Usyk is brilliant, fury isn't,... He's very good but that's enough given his size, engine and stamina against a fighter of uskys size

AdamT likes this.