I think Gervonta Davis is the most naturally gifted lower weight fighter

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by tinman, Jun 13, 2019.

1. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Then your opinion is flawed, frankly.

Lomachenko is a the very epitome of a supreme athlete. The way he moves, the speed, the precision and fluidity he demonstrates in the ring, are not the sorts of things that simply come with training or experience; yes, he has those in abundance as well, but it's clear that athletically he's a cut above the rest.

Davis has some elite athletic traits, which you've touched on, but that doesn't necessarily make him a better overall athlete. Your mistake, I believe, is in assigning only those narrow traits (speed, explosiveness) to the whole package. Davis doesn't possess anywhere near the fleet-footedness of Loma, the balance or virtuosity in upper body movement. All of these things are athletic traits too, yet ones that you appear to be ignoring in order to put forward your case.

What makes Loma special is that he's not just a great athlete but a great boxer as well. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  2. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Are you & PimpC an item now Diddly ??? You make a lovely couple ROFL Mr & Ms Troll

3. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    He made your idol **** himself ROFLMAO

4. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    Just look at the ONLY people liking your posts ??
    ellerbee !!!!!!! & the forum trolls ROFLMAO Jealousy must be a ***** for you

5. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    I have a wonderful family thank you I have a wonderful happy life Eat your heart out Diddly !!!

6. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    I talk the talk & I can walk the walk. too. Ive been in the business a long time & enjoyed every minute. You two have obviously never climbed through the ropes or even been in a boxing gym in your lives. Many posters here have & know what theyre talking about. Pay attention to them you might learn something