I think Haney might actually be the best 135 pounder, no doubt about it now

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by tinman, Jan 8, 2023.

1. Betyabeatyaup

Betyabeatyaup Active Member Full Member

Dec 18, 2021
    So Rigo was too small and old… yet you defend Santa Cruz against Tank? Lololol
    No Pedraza was actually drained, he was talking about moving up before the Tank fight. Of course the PBC dollars were used to entice his shriveled corpse into the ring for Tank to struggle with. Tank didn’t even daze him, Pedraza just got thumped and was too fatigued to continue. That’s why Pedraza jumped up two weight divisions afterwards.
    Why are you pointing to number of fights? Loma was fighting better competition from his second fight onwards, Tank and Haney still haven’t even reached that level.
    If Lomachenko did what GRJ did and knocked out 20 bums before their fight, would you suddenly be drooling over Loma’s record? How can anyone make this mistake? I get it if you started watching boxing with Jake Paul, but for someone familiar with the sport to make the mistake of pointing to number of fights and knockouts? Wow, just wow. What would Haney’s record be against Lomachenko’s opposition? He’d have zero knockouts for a start lolol

2. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011
    You a glutton for punishment ain't you? Yeah, Rigondouex was too small and too old. Loma didn't want to fight him because of that. The only reason Loma took the fight was because Rigondouex kept running his mouth. Now, I know you can't see that well but Santa Cruz was actually the bigger fighter in the ring with Davis. If Pedraza was drained then so was Davis because they both moved up, but that don't even matter because he would have gotten waxed, drained or not. Loma's first fight was Salido and he ain't fought anyone any better than Salido since. Salido, was no joke. A little dirty at times but an excellent fighter so don't try and exclude him because he got the decisiion against Loma. Your problem is that you are in love with fighters and my passion is boxing. Plus, you don't mind straight up lying when it fits your narrative but I call it like I see it whether I am in favor of it or not.

3. Betyabeatyaup

Betyabeatyaup Active Member Full Member

Dec 18, 2021
    Literally nothing you say makes any sense. You speak in non-sequiturs.
    Santa Cruz the natural 122lb fighter was actually bigger than Tank because you can weigh people with your eyes? Huh?
    They both moved up so they were equally drained? Huh?
    Davis would have done this or that in your imaginary counterfactual world. Huh?
    You said GRJ was his best opponent and now you’re saying Salido is. Huh?
    I’m sorry for whatever your mental impairment is, I don’t have time to speak dumb with you here, I’m not fluent like you are.

Reg and Serge like this.
  4. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
  5. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Woah there, let's wait until he actually makes his debut before making such a silly proclamation. I doubt the top guys at 135 would break a sweat against guys like Valdez or Conceicao.

hoopsman and Serge like this.
  6. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    bruce carrington coming to

7. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Thanks. Yeah it's comical. These clowns worship at the altars of fighters who embody everything wrong about the sport and tear down ones who embody everything right about it and who take risks their cherrypicking, ducking, leprechaun bashing weight bully hypes never would in a million years

8. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    Ignore Manfred, I've been handing out ass whoopings left, right and center on here and on social media all week and I've a good mind to hand out a few more. I could take the approach of citing Loma's accomplishments and the quality of his resume. However, I don't even have to do that because all you have to do is just put Haney's and Twink's under the microscope and I can assure you it ends very badly for them. Do they want me to go down that route? I think not

Or I could just hang them with their own piece of rope and bury them with their own shovel instead :lol:

From a GRJ vs Mikey Garcia thread from Feb 2012
    One poster said ''GRJ will tap that ass''

Manfred's response

:lol:and Mikey knows it.

On a Mikey Garcia invites Gamboa to come get sum thread from 2013

One poster said

''Mikey Garcia will get his toughest test's at north of 130, he is young... just 25 and can still fil in and has the power to move up.. he is gonna be the closest thing possible to a JMM reincarnation for me
    He won't get truly tested till he takes on bigger guys, his skills and power at 126 is to much for anyone to handle right now at 126''

Manfred replied to it with this

''Ain't Gary Russell Jr. at 126?:huh''

On a Who's next for Mikey thread from 2013

''Like I said, GARY RUSSELL JR IS AT 126, WHAT THE **** IS UP WITH THAT?. Don't act like he is not qualified because we know better than that. If Mikey moves up then I ain't got no hate fkor that but when I read people talking about 126 is dead and ain't no fights to be made, well that's just dissing Gary and that's some bull****.:bbb''

GRJ vs Abner Mares thread 2013

One poster said

''Russell Jr. will beat the **** out of Mares right now''

Manfred's response

''You got that right. will beat the brakes off his ass.:yep
    Mares ain't got no real skills, he a rough and tumble with a lot of heart and grit. However skills pay the bills and Russell has skills up the yang yang. He also has speed and power. If you wanna see a real ass whoopin, put Mares in with Russell and your wish will be granted.:bbb''

''****, that's wishful thinking. They avoiding GR like the plauge, pretending like he's not ready.:scaredas:

Russell has fought more pros than Lomanchenko and I believe he would have knocked both Salido and Lomo's asses out.''

Loma vs GRJ thread 2014

''If he fights Russell, that will be his second loss.

He can't learn **** from Salido that will help him with Russell. Two totally different animals.:bbb''

Another Loma vs GRJ thread

'''Knowing how Bob Arums funky ass works, it won't be Russell. He will do that Pac thang and put him in there with some easy money and hype it up. If that's the case then Russell is certainly the wrong fighter cause all Russell is bringing is a serious ass whooping and old Bob knows it. Pac is vacant title king.

''Russell is ready, all this talk about who he hasn't fought is irrelevant. His skillset is evident and what I see, it on par with Lomachenko and his speed and pop will carry the day for him in the fight.''

After Loma paddled GRJ's ass

''I think that Luft knows that and is referring to the Russell now and he is a different fighter mentally. I would love to see him and Loma again. As for Loma and Walters, that's a 50/50 fight. While Loma has the technique, Walters has the power and the dog in him and that uppercut could spell doom for the Lama man. If Loma can keep him honest then I give the edge to him.

When he comes for Loma's ass, Loma will be clean in another division. Loma is on notice, he caught Russell at the right time. Russell was still green and Martinez was just waiting for somebody to knock his no talent ass out. The only dog he's been in there with is Salido and Salido don't have the precision, movement or power of Davis. Russell is ready for his ass now but he ain't looking back. He moving through these divisions picking off the weak. You can only do that for so long.''

'':lol: If they don't know, they will know. Mr. Russell is about to tear some ass up. It's come to Jesus time and mercy is not in his vocabulary. He wants Loma like Joe Louis wanted Schmeling. I can't wait.''

''No offense taken but I beg to differ. Regardless of how Loma starts, when he does start it's the same strategy and the same moves. His style worked fine in all his fights except the Salido fight. Instead of making adjustments, he just gutted it out and it costed him. How much figuring did it take for Sosa, Rocky, or even Russell who was really a novice when you compare his experience against Loma's. Loma is blessed with two attributes. His speed and his stamina. His ability to adjust his style or reconfigure his punch selection has yet to be seen''

This content is protected

9. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    You keep messing with the bull you'll get the horns

Right up your ass

CST80 likes this.
  10. Mr Stagger Lee

Mr Stagger Lee Active Member Full Member

Sep 8, 2022
    Partly agree but I think Loma could struggle with size this.

CST80 likes this.
  11. CooperKupp

CooperKupp Jokic For MVP Full Member

Aug 28, 2022
    No. He’s not. And when he gets tired of cutting down two weight classes below where he SHOULD be fighting at he’ll get exposed real bad. Lol

Loma is the best 135er and will drive that fact home in the next year or so. And he’s a much more natural 126/130 fighter. But he dares to be great.

CST80 and box33 like this.
  12. box33

box33 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 25, 2021

:jaja-no:

Serge likes this.
  13. box33

box33 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 25, 2021
    Loma constantly shouldering, that's for certain.