I think Prime Tua can beat Tyson Fury.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by monaim, Oct 29, 2023.

TUA VS Gypsy

1. TUA

13 vote(s)
    48.1%
  2. Gypsy

14 vote(s)
    51.9%
  1. monaim

monaim Member Full Member

Dec 4, 2022
    your thoughts?

2. NoChin

NoChin Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 1, 2023
  3. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    With a ladder, maybe.

4. like a boss

like a boss Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Think again ;)

5. Dynamicpuncher

Dynamicpuncher Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 14, 2022
    If Tua is firing on all cylinders it might be interesting especially since Tua is a much better finisher than Wilder, plus Tua has power from round 1 to 12 so his punching power would be dangerous at any point in the fight.

The problem is though is Tua is far too short with only 70 inch reach, plus he could sleepwalk and plod through fights whilst the other guy is out boxing him for many rounds aka Rahman, Oquendo, Maskaev. Although in all fairness to Tua he did stop all 3 which shows how dangerous his power was at any time in the fight.

But overall i see Fury being too mobile and tricky and he should outpoint Tua over 12 rounds.

6. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
  7. AngryBirds

AngryBirds Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 3, 2022
    The one area where Fury excels best are guys who are short, stubby arms and pretty much immobile when it comes to movement. Thats Tua in every sense of the word.

Yeah he's a tank and a dangerous one at that, but thats only of concern against guys his size or those who can't take his firepower. Fury can take his firepower, has ungodly reach, much better mobility, better speed in general and as much as it pains me to say this, might even be a better boxer.

What we would see is from the opening bell is Fury opening a full broadside fire worth of punches at Tua to pressure him/push him back, then repeatedly blasting his head with punches every time he tries to close the gap. The moment he does, Fury will tie him up and being the bigger guy, he'll easily overpower Tua in the clinch and wear him down even faster. Tua having a case of cinderblock feet syndrome dooms him big time here. I'd even go so far as to say Fury KO mid-rounds as even for someone of Tua's chin, there's only so much punishment he can take when the other guy is around 50 lbs bigger.

Unique Way likes this.
  8. MixedMartialLaw

MixedMartialLaw combat sports enthusiast Full Member

Jun 30, 2021
    Yeah, after the Francis fight people will start saying every heavy handed slugger would win but Tua was 5'10" with a 70" reach, Francis is 6'4" with an 83" reach only 2" less than Fury's not more than a dozen inches less.

9. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    I don't agree that a prime Tua would beat a prime Fury but I see nothing intellectually dishonest or untenable about the position. Tua beat four titlists...more than Fury himself!

10. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Fury knocking out Tua is laughable. He boxes him easy, but that's it

spravedlivylev and Samart'sTeep like this.
  11. Samart'sTeep

Samart'sTeep Active Member Full Member

Nov 17, 2019
    Agreed. Even the great Lennox Lewis couldn't even do it. He knew damn well that he needed to constantly occupy him with lead hand feelers, keep the jab in his face, use his feet and pot shot him. Tua was made of iron. No way Fury finishes him.

MarkusFlorez99 and pacas like this.
  12. UniversalPart

UniversalPart Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Tua lost every time he stepped up.

13. Ex Army Jim 39

Ex Army Jim 39 couldnt believe the price of chairs banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2022