I think Tommy Fury is in big trouble against Jake Paul.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by CutThroatFade, Nov 8, 2021.

1. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    This content is protected

2. hobby rider

hobby rider Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 4, 2020
    The common cold is a dangerous injury. It can be potentially lethal to those over the age of 70.

3. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Fighters get injured and sick. It happens, obviously. I think the % of fighters who pull out due to being 'scared' is extremely low.

Tactical pull outs are common if there's a bigger fight on the horizon but I don't believe many fighters bottle it.

4. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    I think the scenario where a TRAINER has looked at a fighter in camp and told the fighter “you are not ready for this” is more common and what has happened here.

Actual fighters probably won’t ever get scared, you’re right. But his team clearly has some apprehension about this fight and have withdrawn him accordingly.

5. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Fair point.

Bladesmanstan and Oneirokritis like this.
  6. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    This 100%

Oneirokritis and Bladesmanstan like this.
  7. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Tyson is on the phone to Wilder asking him for some good excuses to put out!!

Jurgen likes this.
  8. unfriendlyorchid

unfriendlyorchid Probably moaning about Sky Sports Full Member

Jul 20, 2021
    I completely get what you're saying here.

My gut feeling though is that this fight's just too big for this to be true.

Anyway, we'll find out in the new year - if Paul's side are willing to entertain it again, that is.

bangalangin likes this.
  9. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Boxers don`t often make great trainers, most of what Fury does is instinctual.

10. dragon666

dragon666 Active Member Full Member

Apr 28, 2021
    This content is protected

11. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Chest has cleared up quite quickly.

Scissors, ryanm8655, Holler and 3 others like this.
  12. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Everything to do with this fight has damaged the Fury brand. We should still be talking about what Tyson did to Wilder but his idiot of a dad and pretty boy flat track bully pussay of a brother have clouded it all.

13. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Broken rib? Surely that only comes from sparring so who was he sparring with that did that kind of damage? GGG.

Don't believe a word of it.

14. bangalangin

bangalangin New Member Full Member

Jul 12, 2019
    He said he had it for 4 weeks. I have had and know a bunch of people who have had this thing recently called the "supercold" which lasted around 3-4 weeks, lots of coughing etc. It was in the news around a month/6 weeks ago. Seems legit to me although not that relevant to him pulling out.

The broken rib and multiple rib fractures is the reason/excuse. Could have been those Tyson med ball sessions gave him a bit of a weakness or slight fracture which was then bust open in sparring.

I just don't see them deliberately pulling out of the fight. Tommy will lose so much money if they don't manage to make it happen.

nilrem likes this.
  15. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Jake Paul should move on. If someone is going to shithouse you like this only 13 days before the fight. Then they aren’t worth giving second chances to.

Didn’t Tommy Fury say to Jake during the presser “Just don’t pull out”. And “I can see the kind of guy you are, so I won’t say anymore”

It looks like Tommy was talking about himself!!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
    Oneirokritis likes this.