I Told You Guys!! AJ’s Inside Fighting is a MUST!! Knocked down Ruiz

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Boxeo Maximo, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Boxeo Maximo

Boxeo Maximo Member Full Member

May 22, 2019
    Thread title should be Ruiz. Not Ortiz. Appreciate if the mods can change it

Remember last week I said how AJ beats Wilder. Inside fighting! Weight, planted, use that efffn uppercut!!!

Joshua was successful with his two piece, uppercut and then left hook. All his weight planted the way it should be.

You can’t fight Ruiz from the outside, because he’s an elite counterpuncher.

2. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Joshua has no inside game. His inside game is ****. No clinching abilities, no idea how to work from the clinch, no idea how to defend at the inside, how to move there. No fluid combo puncher aswell. He's just crafty. Having a good uppercut and hooks doesn't mean you have good inside game. Uppercut or hooks are shots/punches. Skillwise i know guys in my gym who having better inside game. Did you ever saw AJ ducking a punch at the inside? Or him moving his head? Or working from the clinch, moving to the side, working from there, using angles at the inside? LMAO. I don't think so. He's a bit like Wilder but bit better boxer less power but more crafty & bigger. They're very similar though. One guy is relating on power and his beast body, other guy relating on speed and his lethal power. One guy has suspect chin and pucnh resistance, other guy showed he can take a punch or two. Both can't box for **** and both are moving like robots. I think AJ has slightly superior jab.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  3. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Erm but that's how AJ lost yesterday... inside fighting.

He should have switched it up and gone on the outside to win by UD following the first two knockdowns. Because he got outgunned badly by Ruiz.

chico g likes this.
  4. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Disagree. Joshua couldn't trade on the inside with Ruiz, that was apparent, when the blob thrashed him in the 3rd round. Anthony will have to work on his jab, and fight him like Parker did. Keep moving and don't get caught with his back stuck to the ropes. Nobody will stop Ruiz without getting stopped themselves in my opinion. He's too tough.

5. BIGLU

BIGLU Member Full Member

May 28, 2019
    So what you are saying is that Joshua was just trying to get up close to use his reach advantage?

6. Boxeo Maximo

Boxeo Maximo Member Full Member

May 22, 2019
    Didn’t you guys watch the fight?!

Up to the third round Joshua wasn’t successful from the outside, granted he still had judges, we should give credit to AJ for not coasting on the outside. When AJ knew he wasn’t effective on the outside he went in, uppercut and left hook combo and Ruiz got floored.

The PROBLEM is when Joshua went into a slug fest with Ruiz because Andy is quicker and in those flurries he caught AJ who was too slow to see the multiple follow ups coming. Those weren’t from the inside. Inside to get head first and strike as AJ did.

AJ never recovered. It’s like when guys get battered on the temple ridge it’s usually devastating.

7. thesmokingm

thesmokingm Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 18, 2009
    AJ wasn't successful with anything he did man. And being in the pocket vs Ruiz is the worst thing he could do. You didn't hear Ruiz's corner did you? Their gameplan was to go inside, not stay in the midrange ie. in AJ's range. The outside was all AJ had and he was shat at it and even worse in the pocket!

f1ght3rz likes this.
  8. f1ght3rz

Jan 31, 2018
    This pretty much is telling the whole story here.

thesmokingm likes this.
  9. CarlChilders

CarlChilders Member banned Full Member

Mar 1, 2019
    Ruiz is too tough now? Lol why? Because he knocked out glass chin PED user Joshua? If Joshua could take a punch he would of knocked out Ruiz with little effort.

10. f1ght3rz

Jan 31, 2018
    Yeah, of course.