IBF Featherweight Title Blockade

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Bent-nose, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    I thought being a Whyte superfan was weird enough when seeing Aydamn post but getting behind that fat headed little drug cheat Galahad is even weirder.

im sparticus, Robney and @Maley like this.
  2. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Thats hilarious

3. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Tbf at least Amer Khan here has an known association with Kid
    Aydamn however..... Just weird

4. Bent-nose

Bent-nose Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2012
    He was a free agent in the New Year. He could have done a deal with Bob Arum or Golden Boy if he wanted big fights in the States.
    He signed for Hearn in the hope of fighting in Leeds again.

5. Bent-nose

Feb 19, 2012
    Warrington said after that Barry had got in his head.
    He's fought the world no.199 in his hometown since and not fought in over a year. He's 30 next month. Does he really want it?

6. @Maley

@Maley Active Member Full Member

Aug 30, 2016

Broken record u r mate. 199 does he really want it. His proved many times he will fight anyone.
    Got in his head in the build up. He want to ko him didnt stick to the plan but still won.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  7. Bent-nose

Feb 19, 2012
    I was replying to your post. No need to be rude.
    He beat your brother and you fell in love with him. I think that's weird but have been too polite to mention it.
    Did turning down Santa Cruz and Russell jnr prove he'll fight anyone?

8. Craigt93

Craigt93 Member Full Member

Oct 15, 2020
    From Sheffield myself. There’s a group of 6 of us who have been to the last 3 Warrington fights. I’m the only one of the group who follows Leeds United at football, the rest either support Wednesday or United. So it’s not like we’re a Josh Warrington crowd just because of football.

We caught the train up for the last fight and quite a few got on who was going to boxing. But possibly they could have been big fans of French boxing and Sofiane Takoucht...

I know Barry was the ‘away fighter’ but didn’t he only sell 18 tickets for the Warrington fight? As I said previously, he’s an undercard fighter at best.

im sparticus and @Maley like this.
  9. @Maley

Aug 30, 2016

Not my brother mate. But I've been a fan since that fight. As for santa cruz and Russell they made counter offers where the fight was worth more money and they turned them down just like Stephenson,.

But he dodged kiko Selby frampton kid just to name a couple. Oh he beat them all. His stepped up at every level and u try to make out his scared to fight someone his already beat. Offers have been made and not accepted by other fighters but I'm sure hearn will b working on something for both lads either way.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    im sparticus likes this.
  10. Bent-nose

Feb 19, 2012
    No. He sold more than that.
    Lee Selby's car got attacked in Leeds. Barry's brother got punched at the weigh-in. Do you think he really wanted his family at the fight?
    "Undercard fighter" who won a world final eliminator in USA, won a world final eliminator in Sheffield, unbeaten British, Commonwealth and European champion. "Undercard fighter" who has been Warrington's only real opponent for 2 years and drawn the biggest attendance and most viewers.. "Undercard fighter" who is IBF rated no.1 and has already beaten the next highest.
    When he boxed Warrington he probably got paid the highest purse on the card. He's doing well for an undercard fighter.

11. Bent-nose

Feb 19, 2012
    Joined yesterday. 2 posts both abusing Kid G.
    Of course you are.

12. Craigt93

Craigt93 Member Full Member

Oct 15, 2020
    I don’t need to prove anything but it’s true. Well technically I live in Rotherham, but who admits they’re from Rotherham?

Got into boxing through watching Kell Brook. And been to his last 4 fights (Spence, Rabchenka, Zerafa & De Luca).

Don’t have no issues with Barry but I just don’t like how he’s been carrying himself over the last couple of years.

13. @Maley

Aug 30, 2016
    I wouldn't say kid is undercard fighter tho matchroom used him alot as chief support to brook. Cant recall him headlining a matchroom show other than warrington fight. He did top alot of hennersey shows on channel 5 b4 he got banned for drugs. I do agree the abuse Selby and kid got at the weigh ins was a disgrace.

14. Bent-nose

Feb 19, 2012
    Very brave in a big crowd chasing Selby's car and thought they'd do the same v Kid, but lost their nerve when a well-muscled bald man confronted them:headbash

15. Usercom

Usercom Member banned Full Member

Jan 24, 2020
    The simple fact is that Kid is a dangerous fighter who does not generate excitement or revenue. His only route to a title is going to be via the mandatory route.

Kid simply has to wait for Warrington to get rid of Can Xu before he can enforce his mandatory and that might be a long time coming if Warrington can line up more unifications.

It might sound unfair but if you don't generate revenue, you don't have lots of power to enforce your mandatory position. Irrespective of whether you share the same promotion as the champion.

Kid could leave Matchroom and try with another promoter but I think he would be even more in the cold than he is now.

@Maley likes this.