IBF orders Oleksandr Usyk vs Filip Hrgovic

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Perkin Warbeck, Nov 12, 2022.

Hrgovic vs Usyk: who will win?

Poll closed Apr 10, 2023.
  1. Usyk by decision

70.2%
  2. Usyk by stoppage

20.7%
  3. Hrgovic by decision

3.3%
  4. Hrgovic by stoppage

3.3%
  5. Close matchup, difficult to predict

2.5%
  1. ShovelHook

ShovelHook Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Usyk didn't duck anyone but him unnecessarily delaying the undisputed fight so long has allowed the IBF to sneakily enforce this mandatory way ahead of schedule.

Mickc likes this.
  2. MrBarry465

MrBarry465 Active Member Full Member

Jun 17, 2021
    Usyk should have been fighting Fury in December.

Mickc, MAD_PIGE0N and Mendoza like this.
  3. Rilz

Rilz Ball don't lie! Full Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Usyk should just get this signed quickly, sometime in January. That way we can still get an outdoor stadium fight in the summer for undisputed.

4. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Hrgovic is like a lesser spotted Femi so I don't give him a great chance given how poorly he did twice against Usyk.

catchwtboxing likes this.
  5. ShovelHook

ShovelHook Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Eh, he deserves to rest a little longer than that if he wants to but he should know it made it easier for a belt org to enforce a mandatory if pushed to do so.

6. Boxing2019

Boxing2019 If you want peace, prepare war. Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Usyk by UD easy. Hes a masterclass Olympycs gold medal, Hrgovic is only a bronze medal like Wilder, theres a deep technical gap between the two. Even Joyce (silver medal robbed of the gold) would win against Hrgovic imo, maybe by KO.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
    catchwtboxing likes this.
  7. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    I think about this fight more if it happens. Hrgrovic powerful long jab and overall accuracy will prove to be problematic more so than any one Usyk has ever fought. His body shot can hurt Usyk too. He eat some punches but this won't deter his game plan. It a close fight that may happen! We shall see if Usyk drops a belt to fight someone else.

We'll see if Fury sacks up and fights Hrgovic. I think Fury stears clear of Hrgovic. Too bad, I want to see this fights badly!

Perkin Warbeck likes this.
  8. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Note Hrgovic was ROBBED in the semi finals vs. Yoka won won gold in the super heavyweight class. Watch it. For shame!

Perkin Warbeck likes this.
  9. Boxing2019

Jul 22, 2019
    Youre right Hrgovic was robbed of the silver and Joyce of the gold. Therefore Joyce always beats Hrgovic dude.

10. jmb1356

jmb1356 Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2019
    If Zhang had any kind of stamina, he would have finished Hrgovic.

MAD_PIGE0N likes this.
  11. Joe Davies

Joe Davies New Member Full Member

Nov 6, 2022
    I don't know how Hrgovic gets this shot. His last performance was abysmal and he hasn't fought anyone at the elite level. Sooner see him in there with Whyte, Joshua, Parker etc first.

Anyway, doesn't unification overrule mandatories? Or does that not happen once the mandatory has been called?

If this goes ahead it looks like we might get Fury v Wilder 4 ordered (after he gets Ruiz out of the way), before any talk of an undisputed fight next year.

lobk likes this.
  12. MrBarry465

MrBarry465 Active Member Full Member

Jun 17, 2021
    Krassyuk has said today he doesn't think this will impact the undisputed fight.

"At this stage I can anticipate that it will not influence the undisputed anyhow."

"We expect his next fight to be for the undisputed so most likely it will take place in the Middle East," Krassyuk revealed.

Unless something bizzare happens at the Chisora fight, I would expect that agreements are already in place. I've said all along Usyk will be at the Fury Chisora fight.

13. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Eddie Hearn bribe is worth more than sanctioning fees. I bet the IBF heads all made a nice sum from the Charles Martin AJ fight also. They'll strip Usyk...

They stripped Fury after 2 weeks

Hey If I was a highly corrupt org in a highly corrupt sport I'd take $250k over $20k also...but maybe the boss men involved in Usyk Fury can give their own little bribe to them to stay put.

Mickc, MAD_PIGE0N and iii like this.
  14. Perkin Warbeck

Perkin Warbeck Boxing aficionado banned Full Member

Nov 4, 2017
    Usyk's manager says Tyson Fury is next (if Fury wants it) and they don't care about the IBF mandatory.

So Hrgovic will be fighting someone else - hopefully Andy Ruiz will choose this route. If he's wise he will - he is nearly certain to be KOed by Wilder because he's easy to hit, but would have a better chance against Hrgovic.

If Ruiz chooses the WBC (Wilder eliminator) then Joshua is next in the IBF rankings. I imagine Hearn would be happy to make Hrgovic-Joshua.

This content is protected

Boxing2019 likes this.
  15. Boxing2019

Jul 22, 2019
    Usyk's waiting for Fury's sign of the contract for the undisputed. Fury will duck him again and Usyk will face Hrgovic. Usyk will beat Hrgovic and will contact Warren for the undisputed again. Fury will duck Usyk for the 3rd time and Usyk will face Joyce for the WBO title around Autumn/Winter 2023. This imo.

lordlosh and Perkin Warbeck like this.