Id be suprised if delboy vs whyte doesnt go the distance

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by lepinthehood, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Two Shakes

Two Shakes Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Whyte is no more than British level, but i can see him punching Chisora to a stand still.

Chisora is better known for the fights he's lost than the fights he's won.

2. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Given that Whyte couldn't get Allen out of there I don't see how he knocks out Chisora.

Both men aren't brilliant at boxing and their technique is poor so it could be a very boring fight. Hoping for a slugfest at best.

Chisora on points for me.

3. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    a genuine awful fight ...

if i was Hearn i'd pay them not to fight and let both of them disappear

4. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    The build up for Haye Whyte would def be better than a bout between the two which would look like his fight against Chisora when Del was laid flat out.

5. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I have a feeling we might see a DQ.

6. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Really is a pick em fight. I rated whyte prior to the minto fight where i think tbf he picked up the shoulder injury. Good showing against joshua. But to me hes looked poor since. Chisoras a good fighter...just struggles down to his lack of height/reach in the division. Pretty much the reason he fights how he does. But hes pretty good at it...hes more than just a plodder. Problem with chisora is you just dont know how motivated he is from one fight to the next. To this day the only people that have beat him have been class acts. Fury x 2 Klitchko. Haye. And Pulev. Not counting the helenius robbery against him. At the same time hes not actually had many good wins.

I m going chisora for the upset if hes anything like the version that fought pulev recently tho. Think it ll be a good fight...where boxing goes out the window. Chisora will land whyte wont be able to help himself.

7. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    I would think a guy who lost a split decision to Pulev would be too good for Whyte..

8. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Hmm...yeah lookimg through Chisora's record and was suprised to see he is 26-6 with 18 wins by knockout. Remember him being 15-5 or something...

Had a look through and he has some ok wins and other than pulev has a little bit of form, granted against noone especially good...

Was fancying Whyte but who has he beat? Allen? His power is overrated too. He gave Joshua a slight scare but still got iced. Joshua was green and still is tbh, can only see the gulf getting larger as Joshua improves. I think Whyte may be overrated. If he wins it'll be his best win by far...

If del is in shape I fancy him to win on points.

Furey likes this.
  9. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    If they both try to box and keep some discipline, it will be a snoozefest 12 rounds without anything landing very clean. Neither of them have enough ability or power to overwhelm the other.

The only way the fight is entertaining is if one (or both) of them loses it and starts throwing wild punches.

10. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    The ref will be pulling them apart all night with Chisora's head pushing under Whyte's chin. Chisora will probably lose a point for using his head, Whyte will get warned a few times for hitting the back of Chisora head.

Whyte will land a consistent jab before every clinch and win it on unanimous decison.

They may as well just make them wear them big padded sumo suits and just run at each other.

11. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Whyte is known for losing to AJ.

12. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    If you're lucky this fight will be about as good as a Danny Williams v. Matt Skelton fight of 10 years ago.

13. BodyBlaster

BodyBlaster Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Chisora can win this. I don't see a knockout, and I also don't see anything to convince me Whyte is anything at all. Joshua should have stopped him in the 1st, got sloppy and walked onto a swinging for the fences shot thereafter. The fight was only even remotely competitive because took Joshua a round or so to regain his composure/senses.
    Ive seen nothing from Whyte since that makes me think he will amount to anything.
    Chisora isn't a puncher, but he can fight at a pace, he'd have beaten Haye had he not got blasted out when he did, and did well against better fighters than Whyte.
    I don't like either of them, but feel that in a sloppy but gruelling fight, Chisora will win.

14. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    If Chisora really wants this he wont get stopped.
    I'm not sure Whyte is a huge puncher and he can be wildly inaccurate.

Ill go for Whyte UD on volume and the fact that Derek isn't a puncher either

15. Two Shakes

Two Shakes Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2008
    I'd beg to differ, the shot that put Joshua on ***** street only travelled about 14 inches.

If Whyte had the brains and engine, he may have finished the job.