If AJ gets stopped in rematch who will become Hearns cash-cow?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Rakitic, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    That's my point losing to Ruiz can see casuals think his pony but say he lost to Ruiz again and then afterwards beat Whyte or say Usyk those same people are back on the bandwagon. For the me it's all about the fight itself. People tune into fighters they feel will be in exciting fights.

2. Limerickbox

Limerickbox Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 18, 2015
    Hearn has a deep stable and a lot of them are young.
    Guys like Haney, Cordina, Buatsi are all destined for big things.
    He’s got Usyk, Callum Smith and even Whyte.
    Whether they make Joshua money is a different thing

3. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Matchroom US. I think the only fighter thats not with either Matchroom or Golden boy thats signed to DAZN is GGG.

If AJ falls apart (which i dont think he will) Hearn still has the best HW talent in Usyk, Gassiev, Parker, Hrgovic, Whyte and Hunter.

4. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Joshua will still be his biggest draw ,nothing can actually change that now. Fans will still go in droves for someone getting knocked out and that's what they get in his fights. Two set backs wouldn't really change much and if that were to happen and he gets thte title back down the line hes that much bigger.

You guys are confusing losing to attracting fans , and he will ALMOST be the M.Tyson car wreck waiting to happen ( inside the ring) ,where M.Tyson was the biggest draw still while being less relevant in the actual sport.

One thing it WOULD effect is where he fights as he will really be grounded to U.K venues not global ones without titles around his waist .It would take a monumentally career fall for him to actually lose all the fan fare hes created since 2017.

5. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    He will bring back Bellew to fight Ruiz