If aj loses ?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by kevinreid001, Feb 11, 2017.

1. kevinreid001

kevinreid001 Punchdrunk101 Full Member

Nov 1, 2012
    if aj does lose to wlad does this mean eddies cash cow come off ppv? Especially if a bad bad Ko ?

Where would he go next surely win or lose this is wlads retirement fight
    Where would it put him in rankings and would the winner haye vs bellew then chase wlad or is his popularity that big amongst casuals he will always be Ppv

Not a troll thread imo this a huge risk as think haye wilder hughie or Parker easier fights than wlad for him

I still think it ether goes 2 ways Joshua etehr brutalises him in 4 or wlad uses that jab and a big right hand ko for wlad round 7-8 as Joshua can be open

In a way could totally open up he if aj gets koed as Sum may actually try punch back Division wide open best hw era for quite a while

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    No, I think Hearn has calculated this fight very well indeed.
    Even if AJ suffers a humilating loss, Hearn can bring him back on PPV.

Wladimir is a "legend" and his win over AJ will be celebrated on your TV screen as something remarkable and historical. The SKY SPORTS team will be comparing it to Ali's win over Foreman, and Foreman's comeback title win at 45, and all sorts of stuff. They will be saying "well, Wlad might be the best ever".

AJ will be given the Frank Bruno treatment, he's young and will get better we will be told. He'll take 6 months off and come back against Dillian Whyte or someone like that, on PPV.

3. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Anyone mentioned if there's a rematch clause??

I know klit has 3 fights left on his to deal including the Joshua Fight.

kevinreid001 likes this.
  4. kevinreid001

Nov 1, 2012
    Who u guys think will win and how ?

5. kevinreid001

Nov 1, 2012
    Yeah can see if he loses maybe chisora Sort match up. If is a rematch if wlad wins would it be in Germany

6. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    I can see there being a rematch clause on the Klitschko side.

As for what happens if Joshua loses- unless it's a devastating knock out or beat down then he would stay on PPV. It's not like they couldn't fight another champion relatively quickly.

7. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    Would anyone want to see a rematch if AJ wins? He'd of lost his last two fights. If its a KO absolutely no chance he will fight again in my view.

8. lawslaw

lawslaw Active Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Disagree strongly with this. Haye is the hardest fight that AJ could have.

CutThroatFade, kevinreid001 and S.K like this.
  9. Price is back

Price is back E16 Canning Town banned Full Member

May 31, 2016
    This was the biggest money fight out there for hearn sorry i mean aj.

Slave master hearn is using his slaves very well to make max profit.

10. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    I dont think it is "if" he loses to Wlad it is "When" he loses.

On The Money and kevinreid001 like this.
  11. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    The longer the build up goes on the more I'm thinking this is a def 50:50 fight. I'm convinced Klit will not want to end his career and lose his legacy to AJ so he will be the best he can be with no stone unturned. He may well play careful and keep AJ at the end of his piston jab all fight but get the win. I can see it being really disappointing as a spectacle.

12. S.K

S.K Active Member banned Full Member

Jan 7, 2017
    He's paying his slaves well I'd say, 15mil?

Now price, there's a slave. He would literally earn more plumbing.

13. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Its really a question of how much Wlad has left, and whether his personal problems were a big cause of his loss to Fury and poor performance in beating Jennings. This is the reason why I agree its a 50-50 fight- because literally no one knows that answer. We can make an educated guess.

If we get the Wlad of the Pulev fight- where he knocked Pulev flat out, then AJ is going to go the same way.

Wlad is a HW champion who was undefeated for 10 years- thats a really a big thing that people miss. He knows how to get the job done against every style, and by comparison AJ is a novice Pro with a strap.

I personally think Wlad has something left, and he will have sorted his personal problems out, the situation with his crazy actress wife will be under control now. His performance will be far better than the Fury fight- he is super motivated for this, and will win via KO in 8 rounds.

kevinreid001 likes this.
  14. T_S_A_R

T_S_A_R Member Full Member

Jan 9, 2011
    The fight is happening so there's no need to get stressed out by what ifs, just be patient!

It'll hopefully be a classic and signal a return to the real mainstream for boxing.

kevinreid001 likes this.
  15. kevinreid001

Nov 1, 2012
    Why do you think haye is hardest fight
    He has had about 4 rounds in 4 years major surgery and fought no one since chisora who isn't exactly top quality Hayes one and only top level fighter in career he lost every round too. Wlad the man he lost every round to was he champ ten years huge experience at this weight and level and only lost to fury since emergenced wlad had huge probs going into the fight yes he is 40 but not had major injuries and is always top shape At moment I'm leaning towards wlad ko in 7-8

Do u think haye beats Joshua ??