If aj loses ?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by kevinreid001, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Haye's heavyweight career resume is almost complete sh!t. If baffles me how anyone can believe he beats everyone out there.
    If he's good enough to beat T.Fury and A.Joshua by brutal KOs apiece why has he always found a way to fight the absolute dregs of the division ? Why was he so unconvincing against Valuev ? Why is his best HW win probably Dereck Chisora ? Why was he so pathetic against Wladimir Klitschko ?

People are living in their David Haye fantasy worlds.

2. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    Yeah, that figures .....

Brilliant.

3. Dibbs

Dibbs Active Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2005
    If AJ loses, Eddie Hearn's screams will be heard all the way over the Pacific resulting in a possible Tsunami, cracks will appear in the Matchroom HQ, and staff will be forced to wear black armbands while an AJ motif flag flies at half mast.

On The Money and truthtalk like this.
  4. On_The_Ropes

On_The_Ropes Active Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Didn't you hear? He hurt his toe mate...

Unforgiven likes this.
  5. truthtalk

truthtalk New Member Full Member

Jan 14, 2017
    Cant wait for the aj hype train to get derailed, casuals flying everywhere !!!

6. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    One defeat to Wlad takes a little shine off AJ but the rematch will get even more hype so the defeat in itself isn't the end of the world. It's if Wlad retires straight after winning of or AJ getting brutally KO'd in a round that Hearn will worry. It's a close fight to call as AJ is so robotic but he has youth and power on his side Vs Wlad's experience.

Don't understand anyone that thinks Haye will beat AJ, he's older, slower recovering from serious injury and really struggled with Wlads, height and reach in Germany. AJ has those advantages too plus he's younger and fresher. Not as athletic on his feet as Wlad but just think Haye will struggle to over come someone with his dimensions. I know he got the nod V Valuev but AJ isnt that slow

7. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    If AJ loses ....
    Unless it's a very close fight I doubt Hearn would put AJ in with Wlad in a rematch immediately.
    I don't know the contract they've arranged but usually rematch clauses can demand an immediate rematch or nothing at all.
    If Wlad beats AJ convincingly Hearn will take another route surely.

8. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Hearn is going to be so effed up when Wlad KO's Femi I reckon he will follow Frannie Maloney and get a sex reassignment, Edwina Hearn will emerge like a phoenix from the Femi ashes.

9. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    I think Eddie Hearn has to have considered the possibility of AJ losing.
    But then again, who knows. I never really figured that Barry Hearn knew a thing about boxing apart from selling to a gullible public, and Eddie obviously learned everything he knows from his dad.

But surely Hearn should understand the fight represents a big risk. He'll be okay, it makes more sense to take a risk against a man everyone will say is an All-Time Great than to risk AJ against someone with ability but no reputation.

10. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Got to be honest fancy haye big time against joshua. Early at that. Valuev was just too big for haye. He didnt pose the same threat cause couldnt get to his chin safely with the height/reach disadvantage. Think it took till the 12th till he eventually did. Against klitchko...klitchko actually put on a masterclass of how to use a height/reach advantage pretty much with steward orchestrating it. Wlads an absolute master at using his advantages. But joshua doesnt actually use his height/reach advantage that well. Its not really how he fights. Hes actually pretty basic. So far hes relied on being the more powerful man against opponents that dont really pose much of a threat and are usually always slower than him. He hasnt really had to put much thought into his work up till now. Whyte came forward with a bit of speed and half decent footwork joshua reacted by throwing the textbook out the bag and fighting him. It was enough to get him off his usual fight plan. Wait till he comes up against someone faster than him that can actually knock him out that loves to throw out feints. He ll either become anxious or he ll make it a street fight a la whyte. Both things will play into hayes hands. If it comes down to a chess match...hayes a quicker thinker. Hes better at setting people up...if you watch him close enough hes got a very very good boxing brain. I think he ll walk joshua into something easier than people think.

If joshua tries to make it a street fight. Hayes the far better mover and also a very good counter puncher. He ll do the damage with the same shot...he caught wilder with in the sparring video...right over the top i think it was. The best way to beat haye is too outmanouver him with your footwork. Without good footwork your a sitting duck against him much the same as your a sitting duck against joshua with poor/slow footwork.

You either need good footwork or quick footwork. Haye has both. Joshua doesnt. The problem with joshua is... it looks to me like they train him for the specific opponents. Sometimes he looks quicker than other times. But i ve seen it from him a lot when he moves in...then tries to move back out. Hes too slow to get back out. He sort of over commits without meaning too. He falls in against haye...and haye catches him he wont get back out of their quick enough. Not only am i predicting a haye win i m predicting a win where haye wont take too much damage.

He ll slow joshuas output. Or he ll make joshua scared to comit anyway. Joshuas allright throwing his shots when hes faster but wait and see when hes not. He doesnt have the boxing brain. Hes just a supremely powerful athlete...thats a decent enough boxer. Haye has the tools to beat him.

Klitchko v joshua will be interesting. Too many variables at play. They ve picked klitchko cause hes slow nowadays like every joshua opponent...speed will be joshuas achilles heel without it and good footwork you ll struggle against him. Klitchko doesnt have that same speed anymore but i think that fight comes down to if klitchkos good footwork can stop joshua. Or if joshuas speed can offset the footwork. The klitchko of the haye fight beats joshua easy. He d be left punching air the same as haye was. I m going for a klitchko win. But could go either way. Would nt be surprised with either a joshua stoppage or a klitchko points win.

Look at joshuas opponents....breazeale. molina. Martin. Plus a bunch of older slower guys. All got one thing in common slow/poor footwork. Martins foot speed/work wasnt actually that bad but his hand speed was so slow though he wasnt a threat of any sort.

Dillan whyte had half decent footwork/speed in the joshua fight...first time we ve seen anyone cause joshua problems. Klitchkos got slow footwork nowadays...luckily hes still got good footwork. But its maybe too slow to counteract joshuas speed advantage.

Fury would beat joshua. Haye will beat him. I think wilder gives joshua some problems as well. Or todays version of wilder anyway. Wide stance. Jabbing and moving wilder. Although i think joshua would win it in the end but he,d struggle with him for a bit.

Just my opinion guys. Interesting that the only one hearn hasnt really mentioned joshua fighting is haye. He kind of sidesteps it. I think another thing is ortiz. Hes being set up for a good win for joshua. Hes a very good fighter. But hes a standing target against joshua. Hearn knows what hes doing. Although him not looking great in his first two for hearns but him on the backburner for now

11. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    I'm still quite sceptical of Anthony Joshua's abilities at this point in time.
    But I'd have to imagine him being a lot worse than I do to expect him to lose to David Haye now.

12. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    I've never seen Haye as having quick footwork. Fast hands but his feet have always been kind of slow.

13. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Fastish for a heavyweight. Hes got good footwork though. He sets a lot of traps with his footwork. Walks people on with it. The thing is joshua walks on anyway. Difference with klitchko was and people dont really get this when talking about hayes horrible performance against him. Klitchko just edged up to just get in range with david then threw out the jab ready to back off if david came forward. Anytime david went forward klitchko would retreat...he was brilliant at keeping haye at distance that fight. It was more about what klitchko done than anything haye ever did or didnt do why he lost. I think steward knew exactly what they needed to do.

It was actually a very good safety first performance by klitchko. Even the valuev fight because of his dimensions he kept haye at distance without needing to do anything cause he was so big. I dont think joshua has the tools to keep haye at distance...thats gonna be the difference. I think everyone outside valuev and klitchko...davids hit cleanly. Hes never really had a problem hitting anyone with the two exceptions. He ll hit joshua...they ll specifically train joshua to avoid it. Will try to use their advantages...joshua can do it...just not nearly as good as the two that gave haye the problems imo. I say if he tries to edge up he ll get caught because hes so slow at going backwards when hes in that position. Its like watching a truck reversing. Admittedly some fights hes quicker than others at backing up.

Watch the speed in which klitchko goes backwards against haye...he was actually pretty agile...then watch say joshua against whyte.

Unforgiven likes this.
  14. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    I can imagine that there would be an immediate rematch clause if Wlad loses because of his TV deal with RTL- I doubt they would want to show tune up fights when they are paying £3 million per fight.

15. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    If Joshua loses the fight to Klitschko, it will not damage his career at all, they know that, so that's why they took the chance, huge money fight, no other fight could sell 90,000 tickets.................Vlad will retire fairly soon even if he wins, which would not surprise me at all. Vlad easily out boxed Joshua in camp a few years ago, Camerelle out boxed Joshua, but the home town judges gave the decision to Joshua. Vlad's footwork is still great, his balance is fantastic, his jab is better than Joshua's, so is his left hook, jab, hook off the jab, defense, stamina, Vlad is taller, he looked fantastic when he was training for the Fury rematch, really good, if he is that good when he fights Joshua he will win, don't forget, Vlad has huge power in both hands. Vitali said if Vlad is focused, he will win easily. I know why he lost to Fury and and certain he would have knocked Fury out, Fury knew that as well. I am not 100% sure Vlad will win, but I give him the edge, so does Lewis and Foreman...........it's the experience............