If Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder fought who would be the A-side fighter ?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by WillieWild, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    From what I heard Wilder got offered $100m for 3 fights. The two AJ fights being $40m each. Sounds a lot like 40% to me.

On top of that he doesn’t need to worry about PPV sales, was offered double what he got for Fury to fight Breazeale as a sweetener and no tie in after the 3 fights.

Wilders team are merely holding out for PBCs own business interest. They needed a star name for Fox PPV and Wilder losing would have been catastrophic. They didn’t think that if he won he would have been a megastar.

most PBC matchmaking is low risk and promise to make people PPV stars when in reality only one Spence is on the cusp of it.

Aydamn likes this.
  2. Zakman

Zakman ESB's Chinchecker Full Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Joshua, of course. He'd shatter Wilder's fragile mandible, too.

3. Duscle

Duscle Member banned Full Member

Jun 15, 2019
    Wilder is only good enough to fight on AJ's undercards.

4. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Neither will be the A side as the fight is not going to happen.

No time soon anyway.

If it does happen, the answer will be whichever one brings more money, or the champ if one or the other holds no belt.

5. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Tyson Fury brutally honest on Wilders power

says Wilder doesnt hit as hard as you think he iant this KO king everyone thinks he is.. he just fought bums and arreolla took all wilders power
    This content is protected

6. JediPimp007

JediPimp007 Long suffering reader Full Member

May 8, 2006
    Take a lap kid

7. Heavyrighthand

Heavyrighthand Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 29, 2005
    I don’t think this fight will be made as a unifying fight, as I see Fury winning his rematch with Wilder

But after that loss to Fury, AJs team may fight the newly dethroned Wilder sooner than he would if Wilder were still the titleholder, and both teams would be at a standoff, each demanding top dollar

A freshly defeated Wilder and his team will probably accept a reasonable deal for a comeback fight

8. Bustajay

Bustajay Feel the Steel/Balls Deep Full Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Well only one has ONE belt

Aydamn likes this.
  9. Incinerate

Incinerate Active Member Full Member

Aug 9, 2019
    Look alt. You guys were so pissed at Floyd for always mentioning himself as the A side. I'll say it once, and I'll say it again. Boxing fans don't care about that kinda ****. That kinda **** prevents fights.

10. kostya by ko

kostya by ko Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2005
    I know this is simple: but the winner of Wilder/Fury may as well be 50/50 with Joshua.

It's a win/win situation. A unification fight right now could be hyped into something that will draw in general sports fans and mainstream media coverage.

Unlike, a year ago, all 3 fighters (and their backers) now have experiences of being beaten or coming very close to it. They also know that the upcoming field of challengers is stronger than in the recent past.

11. ButeTheBeast

ButeTheBeast Well-Known Member Full Member

May 27, 2012
    WBC is the most prestigious belt.

WBO = TRASH
    IBF = TRASH
    WBA = TRASH

12. RingKing75

RingKing75 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Dec 23, 2013
    A side B side is just a term invented by some clown who has done more to hurt the sport than he ever did to help it.

Dirsspaardis likes this.
  13. Oakland Billy Smith

Oakland Billy Smith Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 19, 2018
    I really get annoyed by this topic in general .

I would definitely give AJ the A side if the fight was held in UK.

Outside the UK Wilder is the recognized People's Champion.

The truth is this fight should be as close to 50/50 as possible. Anything up to a 60/40 split in either direction would be fair

Both men are respected champions who would be putting their belts on the line

kostya by ko likes this.
  14. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    AJ is the A side because he is the money man economic powerhouse who earns an absolute fortune everytime he fights. He has just earned over £52 Million for the rematch against Ruiz and at least $100 Million for both fights in 2019 against Ruiz. Meanwhile Deontay Wilder struggles to draw flies and his pay per view figures against Ortiz less than 40,000 PPV buys.

Clean & Crisp likes this.
  15. Dirsspaardis

Dirsspaardis Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 2, 2017
    In other news Real Madrid just turned down the offer to play against Barcelona because there’s no money in that, they are the A side, Barca doesn’t even draw that many views so better to hold out until it makes sense business-wise.

yes, I know, I know, but this is the same level of idiocy. Best are meant to fight the best no ifs and buts, the fact that they don’t and people actually defend that on financial basis is sickening.