If Canelo beats Bivol and Beterbiev?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by GotchaHat, May 8, 2023.

1. Levook

Levook Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 26, 2020
    Having Canelo inside the top 50 of all time would be debatable - top 5?? Insanity.

2. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016

I agree,,,and Canelo knows it too.

Fogger likes this.
  3. CroBox29

CroBox29 Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 24, 2019
    If he beats them, which he probably won't...

4. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    I love El Canelo but he cannot beat either guy.

5. spravedlivylev

spravedlivylev Haaaappy Neeeew Yeeeear! Full Member

Nov 17, 2022
    Rummy will definitely agree on you that, but lol.

6. CooperKupp

CooperKupp Jokic THREE Time MVP Haters Full Member

Aug 28, 2022
    After getting away with a blatant robbery against Triple G and getting popped for Clenbuterol… We just can’t in good conscience put Saul’s ass anywhere NEAR the top 5!! It just doesn’t work that way. Even if he were to juice up and pay off the ref and judges to defeat Beterbiev and Bivol… we just CAN’T!!

And to even think of putting Canelo in the same top 15 as Manny Pacquiao, Willie Pep and Duran???? Come on man. Stop.

7. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    if he beat both, i would probably put him in high 20s. and its doable. at elite level, you have the flexibility to employ a wide range of strategies. youve mastered the technical side, now you can craft any gameplan tailored to your best chances. and the right strategies can make the difference. is it a long shot, yes. but lower underdogs have pulled off bigger. im glad hes allowing us to watch him try. its better than watching him beat on a can cause he can.

8. MismatchHypejob

MismatchHypejob Active Member Full Member

Aug 24, 2022
    Who is your top 5?

9. MAD_PIGE0N

MAD_PIGE0N ... banned Full Member

Sep 3, 2022
    If he beats both, he'll have one of the best resumes. Only that he can't.

10. cuchulain

cuchulain VIP Member Full Member

Jan 6, 2007

Only one of those guys belongs in the top ten.

Fourth_Horseman and Rumsfeld like this.
  11. cuchulain

cuchulain VIP Member Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    No.

The only way he gets a W against Bivol is the way he got a D and a W against GGG.

And that won't count much for legacy.

And the only way he hears the final bell against Beterbiev is if he waits ten more years.

And from their last outtings, Canelo is fading faster than Beterbiev.

12. Rumsfeld

Rumsfeld Moderator Staff Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Right now I would be inclined to go with Robinson, Armstrong, Greb, Langford, and Ezzard.

13. ikrasevic

ikrasevic Allah Vs. satan Full Member

Nov 3, 2021
    If Canelo beats Bivol and Beterbiev, he would be IMO the best boxer of this century. Although there is little chance of him beating any of them at least in the LHW category.
    P.S. I don't count Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao in the competition, because they started boxing in the last century.
    P.S.S. I don't count Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao in the competition, because they started boxing in the last century.

14. velagod

velagod Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2012
    rummy we’re would you rank beterbiev in your all time light heavyweight rankings if he was to beat bivol and canelo?

Rumsfeld likes this.
  15. Rumsfeld

Rumsfeld Moderator Staff Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Tough to say. 175 has a really rich history of outstanding talents. If he did that, it would surely mark him the best of this era stretching the last several years. And while I tend to believe Beterbiev poses a threat to anyone in the division's rich history, in the grand scheme, I'd tend to believe he would still (at best) fall outside of the Top 15. But then again, theoretically becoming the first undisputedc champion at 175 in the modern 4-belt era, and becoming the first undisputed since at least Roy (and I would argue since Michael Spinks)... it would be mighty significant, in my view. But I still tend to think he would probably need to achieve a bit more to truly become a part of a borderline Top 10 discussion.

velagod likes this.