If Canelo was only running why GGG’s face was so beaten up after the fight?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Gennady, Sep 12, 2018.

1. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    And was better at landing the more damaging blows.

2. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    You don't have to be a GGG fan to think he really won the first fight. Just be a boxing fan that KSAB
    Canelo can fight BUT why does he let Oscar make him out to be a coward? Handing back the WBC , influencing the judges etc
    GGG isn't just facing Canelo on Sat he'll be fighting Oscar, Bob Bennett the NSAC & Vegas boxing officials. Hardly a fair fight is it?? That is the reason I will NOT be buying the PPV for the same reason I refused to buy Floyd;s stacked decks

3. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Pacquiao fanboys that lived, actually they still do, on the citation that he beat Marquez in the third fight because of facial damage thought Canelo definitely won that fight.

Boxers "running" is always a funny assertion. Especially in a close 12 round bout with many elements to the fight. Usually that means the fanboys for the guy who came forward are upset that the guy "running" won so many rounds.

4. PernellSweetPea

PernellSweetPea Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Canelo fought as much of a running fight as Ray did against Hagler in 1987.. It was not running it was avoiding punches and countering against the bigger guy.

5. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    they both landed power punches hence the draw.

6. Tyson Fury Goat

Tyson Fury Goat Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 21, 2017
    golovkins face was worse against monroe..........

7. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    I was rooting for GGG and will be rooting for GGG in the rematch but the idea that Canelo ran is ludicrous. He boxed beautifully at times and even backed up Golovkin at times. He had way more success toe to toe vs Golovkin than anyone else I've seen to date.

Canelo's big issue is stamina, he can fight inside with Golovkin and compete but eventually he'll tire when Golovkin can keep throwing, so Canelo then needs to disengage the catch his breath, before trading again.

8. BoxingABC1

BoxingABC1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2016
    This "Gennady" is one of the most transparent trolls on here for a long time. Love how everything is prefaced with "i think Golovkin won, but...". Just say "i hate Golovkin, Clenelo beat his arse & he's going to do it again" like you really want to

oh and what a boxers face looks like compared to the others is pretty much irrelevant, 1 might mark-up easier than the other