If either Joshua,Fury or Wilder unify all the HW belts

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Boxlight, Mar 1, 2020.

Would they surpass Wlad in legacy automatically

1. yes

10 vote(s)
    34.5%
  2. no

19 vote(s)
    65.5%
  1. Boxlight

Boxlight Active Member banned Full Member

Apr 28, 2016
    so even if one of them unifies all 4 belts, thats not enough?

2. Neon Maniac

Neon Maniac Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2020
    AJ can because he has title defenses and defeated Wlad .

Wilder has a very weak resume it’s impossible and Fury has no title defense but you can make a case I guess ?

AJ has unified and became 2 time champ , if you knock him you also knock Wlad who’s been stopped against sub par guys . I think AJ will surpass him easily because he has the better opponent selection but you can’t fault Wlad for not fighting his brother. I think undisputed ranks over title defenses because in heavyweight boxing anyone can lose but not everyone gets undisputed.

3. Red Pill

Red Pill New Member Full Member

Mar 26, 2020
    That really depends on who is going to make it. Lets say AJ is getting his head boxed off and lands a solid punch in round 9, able to keep Fury on the ground and unify, I wouldn´t put him above Wlad. Even if Wilder miraculously unyfies against Fury and AJ, or AJ is going to beat victorious Wilder, it won´t put those two ahead of Wlad.
    That means Fury is the only HW right now to beat both of them convincingly, including Wlad himself and beeing 2-0-1 against Wilder. And the chances are not that bad he´s going to make it.
    That might be enough to put him above Wlad with a top 15 HW resume.

4. Jennifer Love Hewitt

Jennifer Love Hewitt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    If Fury does it, yes, but it's still close (can't discount the longevity of Wlad) . This would give Fury 3 extremely good wins and no defeats. He would have beaten the top 3 of his time, one of them being Wlad himself.

AJ, I'd say no. AJ would need to do some more after unifying to equal Wlad's lengthy reign of dominance.

5. Lennono

Lennono New Member Full Member

Mar 25, 2018
    Lennox held all the belts. Saying he didnt have WBO is like saying none of Fury, Joshua or Wilder hold the WBF, WBU, IBA belts because that's the legitimacy the WBO held at that time. It wasn't recognised by any of the other bodies and if you were ranked by them or fought for their title you were removed from the WBC, WBA and IBF rankngs and not allowed to fight for those titles or to unify with them.

Eggman likes this.
  6. Boxlight

Apr 28, 2016
    Wilder has such a poor resume its sad

7. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    I know you guys like to type that. But you just sound like idiots. Honestly.

Luis Ortiz, Tyson Fury, Dominic Breazeale, Luis Ortiz, Tyson Fury and Tyson Fury again in October. Can't think of a better six-fight stretch of opponents by any heavyweight in decades than Wilder will face in his last scheduled six fights.

Was Wlad's six-fight stretch of Alexander Povetkin, Alex Leapai, Kubrat Pulev, Bryant Jennings, Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua better? No.

Was Lennox Lewis' six-fight stretch of Frans Botha, David Tua, Hasim Rahman, Hasim Rahman, Mike Tyson and Vitali Klitschko better? No.

Was Ali's six-fight stretch of Ken Norton, Ken Norton, Joe Frazier, George Foreman, Chuck Wepner and Ron Lyle better? Yes. I'd say so. But that was 45 years ago. And Ali didn't fight the toughest of the bunch (Foreman) in three of the six fights (like Wilder is doing).

Wilder's resume is fine.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    Eggman likes this.
  8. Kissan

Kissan I respect box Full Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Mercer, Morrison, Hide, Bowe and Vitali, Byrd, Wlad held the WBO title before or at the same time when Lewis had the other belts.

9. DavidBarnes

DavidBarnes Member banned Full Member

Dec 8, 2019
  10. Boxlight

Apr 28, 2016
    its pretty damm poor

11. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Maybe if Joshua does it. Fury and Wilder have barely fought any credible names besides each other that weren't old & washed up.

Wlad's resume isn't the deepest among HW champions, but there's still a bit of catching up to do for the current 3 stooges.

kostya by ko likes this.