If Eubank....

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by nurological, Jan 9, 2017.

1. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Stick to his word about this fight been an entry into unifications would you change your opinion at all.

Say he uses this IBO title to gatecrash the Degale/Jack v Smith fight and get that instead of a bull**** first defence.

No likely i know but maybe a fight with Groves if he wins would be decent too.

2. box_uk_analyst

box_uk_analyst New Member Full Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Their JUST matchroom bum boys, warren and hearn know the pulling power the Eubanks will have soon, and their black, which they hate

3. LondonRingRules

LondonRingRules Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Yeah he supposedly wanted GGG as well until it came time to sign.

N17 and destruction like this.
  4. Camaris

Camaris Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Lots of threads about Eubank = lots of interest, clearly.

5. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    It's been stated on a few occasions by a few different people involved in boxing that the four main governing bodies will not do a unification fight with the IBO alone.

It carries no really weight (if any at all) and that's why hardly any British boxing fans are not taking Jr Vs Quinlan remotely seriously, it's a running joke on every media platform.

zulander, nurological and Camaris like this.
  6. Camaris

Camaris Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    I have liked your post because I salute your determination to be negative about this event. You are consistent and I for one appreciate that. cheers.

7. N17

Feb 16, 2013
    Consistent and most importantly I'm honest.

8. N17

Feb 16, 2013
    It's a business so if they thought Jr was worth the hassle then they would have put up with all that comes with him but they didn't so what does that tell you?

Two British promoters, years and years of experience, FW has seen it all and EH has seen enough and they have turned their backs.

And let's not forget Jr was trying to get on Matchroom's Dec 10th card, practically begging and was told there was no room for him and then they added other fighters.

So let's not pretend the Eubanks call any shots or are a great investment because looking at the actions of EH and FW they are not.

zulander likes this.
  9. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    The 4 governing bodies just chase a buck, they would all want to see CEJ fight for their strap because he is a money maker.

it isn't really bending the rules to unify the strap because the IBO world title is the most prestigious title the IBO posesss

10. mofo2

mofo2 Active Member Full Member

Jan 11, 2008
    Jnr is a quality boxer, his main problem is that he turns off almost as many fans as he turns on to want to watching him fight and although I reckon the PPV will flop big time, he could actually be taking the right road to getting bigger fights and all on his own terms; time will tell!!

Camaris likes this.