If Fury stayed down for the 10 count in rd 4, where would you rank Wilder?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by PistonHondai, Oct 14, 2021.

1. PistonHondai

PistonHondai Member Full Member

Jun 3, 2019
    Hypothetically if Fury couldn’t get up by 10 or the Ref counted faster than he did, and Wilder won after the second knockdown on Rd 4, would you see him differently? Would people still say he’ll lose to Usyk and AJ based on his performance with Fury?

pacas and cross_trainer like this.
  2. FastSmith7

FastSmith7 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2017
    If the ref counted faster than he did, Fury would have got up sooner...
    Fury wasn't that hurt.

3. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Right where i rank Little mac!

4. MeatFeastMan

MeatFeastMan Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 4, 2018
    I think it would have changed my view. In fact, the most impressive thing for Wilder wasn't the two knockdowns, it was actually his ability to fight through 4-5 rounds of hell that Fury put on him from rd5 onwards.

That for me was enough evidence that he can withstand a Joshua onslaught if needed. And Joshua does not have the gas tank that Fury has, nor does he have the willpower to keep on going like Fury did.

Remember that Joshua quit against Ruiz. Joshua doesn't have the balls to overcome a Wilder right-hand.

I still think he loses to Usyk though cause Usyk has a great chin and is very hard to hit clean.

If he got the KO in round 4, that for me would have made me side with AJ over Wilder, simply because we wouldn't have seen those rounds of bravery shown afterwards.

pacas likes this.
  5. PistonHondai

Jun 3, 2019
    Do you think AJ and Usyk won’t be as hurt and be able to get up like Fury did with a Wilder knock down?

pacas likes this.
  6. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Instill believe Wilder can KO Joshua now. But Uysk man ahiet get the hell outta here.

7. PistonHondai

Jun 3, 2019
    Did you see Usyk’s face after fighting robotic stiff bodybuilder with no stamina? Do you think Wilder is that much slower than AJ that he can’t hit Usyk even once or twice?

8. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Uysk the matrix will look like that right hand doesn't exist. Joshua has more skills than Wilder and patience that's a given.

DarkHorse901 likes this.
  9. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    You never had even proper fight in your school backyard with not mismatched opponent :D.
    So your face had been intact and you are clueless why boxing is designed and how effects should look.
    You are just dreamer nothing more here.

When you will get someone who does knows what he is doing, will not be smaller and weaker than you and he will throw on you > 100 punches, you might post on YT your personal face.
    For me if your face will not look ideally, will not mean that you are a bum.
    For you: fighting is experience to be a bully , most likely with friends.
    You never had been punched in your face by any one who had any real chances vs you.

Boxing is to hurt ppl and bad looking face is casual norm.
    Not for nerd like you for sure.

DarkHorse901 likes this.
  10. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Yes.

11. snake33

snake33 Active Member Full Member

Jan 4, 2010
    And if an asteroid hadn't hit Earth there would still be Dinosaurs, no humans and the fight would have never happened.
    Fury got up and won the fight. KO'd Wilder in round eleven. That's reality. Anything else is meaningless BS.

lepinthehood likes this.
  12. Boxing2019

Boxing2019 If you want peace, prepare war. Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Sliding Doors was a movie.

Reality Is different.

lepinthehood likes this.
  13. Col Mortimer

Col Mortimer The question isn't indiscreet.The answer could be Full Member

Jul 25, 2010
    "If" is the key word here. In boxing it's probably the most over used wishful thinking word ever, bar none.

"If" can give some people the belief that it changes the result of a fight or moment in a fight. It doesn't.

"If" Fury never made the count I would have to see things differently. How could you not?

On the flip side, Hypothetically speaking, "if" Wilder never caught Fury flush in the 4th round and just grazed him would Fury have stopped Wilder in the 4th??. How would both Fury and Wilder be perceived then?

"If" works both and every way

Holler likes this.
  14. PistonHondai

Jun 3, 2019
    26-1 18 by KO. What’s yours? You should wear a helmet when you fight me.

15. Boxing2019

Boxing2019 If you want peace, prepare war. Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    "You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel" (Jesus).

It's the count of ten, not of the ten seconds.

Stay humans folks!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    Holler and Cally like this.