If Hatton happens to pull off the upset......

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by compukiller, Sep 22, 2007.

1. compukiller

compukiller Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    .....Then I'm sorry to say, but he will meet his Waterloo if he dares fight DLH.

I think Hatton is in for a severe beating with PBF, but anything can happen on a Saturday night in Las Vegas.

And if he does win, he will be offered a fight with DLH. This would be huge for Hatton, and a chance for DLH to claim the Welterweight Crown (and the junior welterweight crown, if you can swallow that).

It's a huge payday for Hatton, especially in England. They could probably put well over 75,000 people in a staduim with DLH going over there to fight him.

But here is the thing. DLH is FAR FAR FAR too big for Hatton. DLH is not shot, and still clearly has his power. PBF clearly beat him, but DLH stunned and/or hurt PBF at several moments in the fight. PBF actually had facial damage after the fight, which he had not had since the Castillo fight.

However, PBF is a defensive master. Hatton has no defense whatsoever. He has a come forward style that DLH will tear to shreds. DLH is too tall, and IMO, has grown into a natural at 154. He also has many dimensions to his game that will end Hatton's night early.

I see this going like Mayorga-DLH fight. If Collazo had him nearly out on his feet, DLH will put him right to sleep. One left hook may be all it takes.

DLH KO6 Hatton:deal

2. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    I think both beat Hatton, but I would pick De La Hoya to stop him...too big and powerful.

If I were Hatton and I beat Mayweather on the 8th, I would say good bye to the welterweight division for good and fight Malignaggi, Witter, Torres, and Rees at 140. Maybe even try to lure Juan Diaz, Joel Casamayor, or Michael Katsidis up if I cleaned out the division.

3. compukiller

Mar 4, 2006
    No way he turns down a DLH big money fight in England.

4. mad_takamura

mad_takamura It's getting hot in here! Full Member

Jul 16, 2007
    if hatton beats pbf, it could provide a blueprint for sluggers like pac and in-boxers on how to beat a defensive boxer like pbf...

5. dragosuhail

dragosuhail Active Member Full Member

Apr 12, 2007
    you meant hatton upsetting floyd, not himself :good

6. compukiller

Mar 4, 2006

:good

7. dwilson

dwilson Guest

Well considering that us Brits won at Waterloo I hope Hatton does meet his if heever steps into the ring against Oscar.

I would not pick Oscar against any top 10 welter/Light middle in the world right now considering his poor showing against the pretty boy.

8. Toopretty

Toopretty Custom made Full Member

Jul 3, 2007
    The point you same goons forget ODH did not win on the inside..he lost on the inside.he did nothing. Floyd just showed his masterful defense. The rounds he won is b/c he scored with the jab and kept Floyd on the defensive. WITH THE JAB..not with his pathetic punches on the inside where floyd was countering him making him look like an idiot. That being said.Hatton cant walk through floyds punches b/c ODH could not. Hatton will come in with his face b/c he has no jab to come in behind and damned for sure no defensive. If he tries to come up with a high guard and come in his body will be open and floyd will jab the **** out of his body with that stiff ass lunging body jab of his that stops guys in there tracks. Like everybody he has fought. Hatton would have no answer and nothing to counter..the jab to the body will make hatton be weary then the over hand upstairs....this would be repeated.

9. Toopretty

Jul 3, 2007
    I will post some rounds of floyd vs etc etc opponent to show you why Hatton is pretty much a sitting duck. You guys seem to forget of Floyds wide array of offensive arsenal. He is not limited to a left hook to the body.

10. Toopretty

Jul 3, 2007
    Here is a guy that had a JAB, more power then Hatton and tried to just walk through Floyds punches to beat him down. Hatton does not have the reach or jab of this fighter. This guy hit harddd. Floyd showed now fear. Took some hard body shots and see the results.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVavjiS2wA8

11. GazOC

GazOC Guest Star for Team Taff Full Member

Jan 7, 2005
    The reason ODH did nothing when he got inside was as much to with his lack of skill at infighting and the fatigue he was experiencing (neither should be a problem for Hatton) as much as Mayweathers defensive skills.

12. Relentless

Relentless VIP Member banned

Mar 5, 2006
    toopretty why do you go so defensive when somebody says something about floyd? this isn't a thread bashing him, in this thread we are discusing what will hatton do IF he manages to pull off the upset.

13. DanePugilist

DanePugilist God vs God - Death Angel Full Member

Oct 14, 2006
    If Hatton is good enough to catch PBF, and thrash him on the inside at will - then it would be safe to say, that past-prime Oscar has no hope - as evident in Hopkins-Oscar.

14. Toopretty

Jul 3, 2007
    Ok look at what floyd did the guy in the clip who hits harder then hatton by far and did everything you guys say a guy should do. He jabbed his way in hit mayweather everywhere arms body got some head shots in and just watch the fight. One big question. How does Hatton get on the inside of Floyd like ODH did? I will wait. and ODH is a decent in-fighter. ODH is better skilled then hatton in every aspect of boxing.

15. Toopretty

Jul 3, 2007
    I will dispute and breakdown all of what the same old same old says with actually fights and what floyd does in certain situations against more dangerous fighters then Hatton. Guys with more reach, power...etc....etc..no fear of Floyds punching power..like you say Hatton will walk through....lol. And to bring Castillo up is funny to me. Castillo one FLOYD WAS INJURED WITH A TORN ROTOR CUFF. AS SEEN BY THE FIRST ROUND OF THE FIGHT WHEN FLOYD SAID I HURT MY ARM.l