If Inoue beats Fulton, Crawford beats Spence and Usyk beats Dubois, who is pound for pound #1?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by JunlongXiFan, May 30, 2023.

Pound for pound #1?

Poll closed Aug 28, 2023.
  1. Inoue

44.3%
  2. Usyk

34.4%
  3. Crawford

21.3%
  1. JunlongXiFan

JunlongXiFan Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 9, 2020
    All of the three pound-for-pound princes, battling to gain recognition as the best boxer in the world pound for pound are scheduled to fight within a three week period of each other. They're all favorites and two of them are taking on the biggest fights of their career. Who will you have at #1 if they all succeed?

2. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    100% Inoue.

Inoue's fighting the consensus #1 and unified champ in his first fight in a new division.

Aizen, Tankatron and Young Terror like this.
  3. DaRealJT

DaRealJT Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 26, 2021
    Inoue > Crawford/Spence winner >>>>> Usyk

I would have Inoue slightly ahead of the Spence-Crawford winner because he’s been so dominant in his undisputed run at 118, and to be unified by beating the man at a 4th weight class is very significant.

Becoming undisputed at 147 is a fantastic achievement, but Spence has been so damn inactive these past few years, and Crawford has fought lower-tier opposition for years, so they can’t be ahead of Inoue.

Usyk shouldn’t be in the conversation for P4P #1 anymore, I used to be high on him but he’s so inactive with zero indications of changing that. Also, Witherspoon - Chisora - Joshua x2 - Dubois for his last 5 wins is not even close to a P4P #1 worthy run, especially when he didn’t even win all of those comfortably. It’s been 5 years since Usyk was undisputed, and all he’s done of note since then is beat Joshua (who most people on here don’t even rate highly).

JOKER and ikrasevic like this.
  4. Lesion of Doom

Lesion of Doom Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Depends what the fights look like, but as of now would go with Monster. Usyk is near the top already but beating Dubois won’t help him any.

JunlongXiFan likes this.
  5. SpeedKills

SpeedKills Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Usyk is fighting men minimum 20 lbs bigger after cleaning Cruiserweight. He’s the king until he loses or he goes on some hiatus.

6. Rubber Glove Sandwich

Rubber Glove Sandwich A lot of people have pools Full Member

Aug 15, 2020
    That's tough.

Right now I have it 1) Usyk 2)Inoue 3) Crawford

But assuming these fights pan out how you said they would and the results are not controversial then my list would change to

1)Crawford 2)Inoue 3)Usyk

But it wouldn't stay like that for long because Inoue could become undisputed at 122 or win a title at 126 and Usyk could get the Fury fight.

edit: misclicked like an absolute fool. oops.

rawjones and lordlosh like this.
  7. Rollin

Rollin Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 17, 2021
    Usyk still. When Inoue unifies 122, he will need some good defenses or the Fury win.

Worth noting that we are comparing diamons in Inoue and Usyk, and neither Spence nor Crawford belong here.

rawjones and lordlosh like this.
  8. Jpreisser

Jpreisser Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 29, 2015
    It depends on how they win, but granted each wins decisively, it's probably Crawford. Spence is likely the most formidable opponent any of them have met. Also, a win for Crawford constitutes the third division he would be Lineal Champion in. That's more than Usyk and Inoue.

9. GGGfans

GGGfans Active Member Full Member

Dec 27, 2017
    1) Inoue 2) Usyk 3) Crawford

Dannymita likes this.
  10. Dannymita

Dannymita Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Inoue for me..guys not even been pushed close yet..I know donaire got some good hits in and it was a great fight but it wasn't massively close.

I love usyk..nails road warrior...not a massive fan of his style but great at what he does...been pushed a few times but always comes out on top..needs the fury fight to cement his legacy..as does fury

Crawford....34 n no idea how good he is..passes the eye test.. competition has been pretty arse tbf...Spence fight will settle some things..woulda been better a few years ago

11. MagicE

MagicE Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 16, 2017
    Depends on the manner of victory but in all likelihood Inoue

bjl12 likes this.
  12. ellerbe

ellerbe It’s a Tank world Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Not Usyk

bjl12 likes this.
  13. Young Terror

Young Terror ★ Griselda ★ Full Member

May 9, 2012
    Inoue no doubt about it.

bjl12 likes this.
  14. Baneofthegame

Baneofthegame Active Member Full Member

Aug 19, 2017
  15. TheShellofKell

TheShellofKell Nakatani Future P4P #1 Full Member

Sep 3, 2021
    Crawford belongs nowhere near p4p. His resume absolutely blows.

columbo likes this.