If Joshua beats Usyk - Will he finally get the respect he deserves?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Vegan Beast, Jul 22, 2021 at 3:57 AM.

1. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I am very physically burn you Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    No, he won't. At this stage the battle lines have already been drawn. Those who are determined to downplay Joshua's achievements will continue to do so. Klitschko was old. Povetkin was old. Parker was featherfisted. Whyte was a bum. Ruiz was a little fat man. Takam was a bum. Pulev was a bum. Etc.

Pretty obvious that Usyk will become a blown up cruiserweight if Joshua beats him. Probably a featherfisted one who went life and death with an ancient Chisora and Chazz Witherspoon. Then Joshua will be accused of ducking Michael Hunter or some such nonsense. And the Fury fanboys will continue to run their mouth. It's all just very sad and very predictable.

Showstopper97 likes this.
  2. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    You need to stop! Bias and hypocracy happens on both sides of the pond. Cheating and lying aren't only unique to the US. Stop acting like your countries **** don't stink.

bandeedo likes this.
  3. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I am very physically burn you Full Member

Sep 5, 2016

4. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Klit then was 41 y.o, inactive, rich, " not hungry " beltless not ranked formerly big name who did not had fought more than 12 months before this. BTW even lighter than A.J at weight ins.
    Yeah, Klit was then not anymore actual as boxer while still big surname and maybe cos this had been " reanimated " by eddie to get for A.J resume nice surname on.
    I can't see anything else in this cherry picked fight.

Pulev sadly looks that was mandated by IBF, while I think this was easier fight for than Takam fight with 0 doubts.
    39 y.o Pulev was slow and too predictable, it was suprising that he had lasted so long vs A.J.
    Povetkin was old, lighter than Pulev and " legless " and still better opponent than Pulev from fight vs A.J.
    Whyte most likely had been fed by promoters or boxing orgs? Can't blame A.J for this.
    Parker fight had been hometown officiated in A.J backyard with nice ref, it was disgrace to boxing as sport, shame, shame, shame.
    ________
    Usyk had been mandatory for A.J damn long ago and looks that they had allowed A.J to do IBF mandated fight vs Pulev and negotiations vs Fury too instead of enforcing Usyk's status.

Nope, one thing he gets here is disrespect and hate for his respect to these possible fights.
    When Fury fight had dropped out, Usyk asks for his fight and now is " not deserved " and just random boxer etc.

I think Usyk should had sued in court after A.J had won by decision rematch vs Ruiz Jr on judges cards.
    Yell, sue in courts and even not allow happen nor Pulev fight nor negotiations vs Fury after this.

Still he will not get respect and maybe needed to sue them and yell loud and rude talks to increase attention and with this rise his populariy. Rude, nasty, loud scandals, threats, insults= key to be popular in western world.

5. Ted Stickles

Ted Stickles Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 24, 2007
    His respect comes with beating Fury and vice versa…. Usyk will just be dismissed as a blown up cruiser if AJ beats him convincingly.

6. 007 373 5963

007 373 5963 Member Full Member

May 30, 2020
    Agreed 110%. He's a class act, especially in the way he handled his loss to Ruiz. It's just a shame that the HW division has been so weak in the last few years. If people want to fault his resume, it's really not AJ's fault, it's the fault of the era we're in. I think he's done the best he can do given the situation, and the Usyk fight will definitely give him more credit. And if Fury beats Wilder again and then the unification fight finally does happen, then I think there should be no question whatseover, win or lose, AJ is a legit and respectable champ.

It's Ovah likes this.
  7. Skyver

Skyver Active Member Full Member

Apr 29, 2015
    He does and will continue to do so by his peers and mainstream media and rightly so...Joe schmo and Internet tough guy will never like him but fortunately their opinions means zilch.

8. Bumnard_Hopkins

Bumnard_Hopkins Member Full Member

Jul 13, 2021
    Joshua gets all the respect he deserves (and more) from the public. He is expected to decisively beat Usyk.

9. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    You absolutely do not have a clue what opinions matter or does not matters.
    LOL.

Matters who is buying tickets and ppvs nothing else.

Internet tough guy are you my kid.
    And dumb kid too for sure.

If someone will buy ppvs and tickets, it will not matter do you have 0-0-0 pro boxing record or 20-0-0 etc.
    Exactly joe shmoes are paying majority of bills in this world. Casaul fans, yeah, LOL.

Damn.

All business is to serve :D:p casual fans. Lesser than 0.5% ppl who are paying for ppvs and buying tickets are posting any comments.

Therefore yeah, it is sales business and no one will care also about your posts here.

10. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    Stop acting like you know so much about this.
    Yeah, business cards are regular stuff in all places in the world.
    While yelling : whooped ass and kicked ass if someone had won fight on cards looks that is more common to US fanbase?

In continental europe you need do more than to get for example 120-108 decisions on cards to get posts from serious ppl that you had " whooped ass " to someone. U need get a guy down at least for a count and otherwise to look dominant or preferably ofc to stop guy in distance.

Yelling about whooped asses after 115-113 result on fight cards is not common thing.

11. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Everyone respects Joshua. Everyone has him among the top three heavyweights. Everyone just doesn't think he's #1. And people recognize his flaws.

I don't know if this fight will have everyone insisting he's the best in the world.

Maybe, if he wastes Usyk in 90 seconds or so, like a Tyson-Spinks demolition, and Fury and Wilder look terrible in their third fight, people will consider Joshua the best of the three as the year comes to a close.

But an uneventful 12-round decision, like the Joshua-Parker fight, probably won't cut it.

12. drenlou

drenlou The Real KING OF THE HILL! Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    It honestly depends on how AJ wins. If its close, the goons will Claim Robbery, if he Knocks him out, they will say he wasnt a true CW. Either way i doubt he will get full credit on this board.

13. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    You're wrong! It happens everywhere. It only appears more prevailant in the US because the US has more high profile fights. I am in noway trying to justify bad judging. It needs to stop. But you need to stop acting like it only happens in the US. How fans react to a win or loss doesn't matter. As long as the fight was judged properly. Fans will be fans. Take you for instance, always putting down US fighters. Always coming up with excuses to diminish US fighters achievements. Pathetic, just pathetic!

14. BubblesUK

BubblesUK Member Full Member

May 6, 2021
    Only a complete Wilder fanboi would say "three" there when everyone sane has AJ in the top two... Wilder ain't close to that level.

The bigger debate is who's #3 at all... Usyk probably, though Whyte has a stronger HW resume and Wilder hits hard.

15. snake33

snake33 Member Full Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Usyk is an undeserved early push that they hope will sell seats. Meh
    Joshua needs to beat the winner of Fury vs Wilder.