If Khan Fought Katsidis....

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by SeasideSlugger, Jan 10, 2008.

1. w4s1m

w4s1m Member Full Member

Nov 17, 2007
    khan did not even get hit on the chin against limmond it was on the side of the headd, so i do not get why peope still question amir Chin.

2. Jack

Jack Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 11, 2006
    I disagree with Khan being "great defensively". He gets tagged far too often against guys who shouldn't. It seems almost every boxer who has been in the fight has hit him with some clean shots, and if they weren't something like 24-49-0 (2), he would have been hurt. Who was that guy who had Khan falling over his feet? In that fight, he landed some good shots on him. Limond did as well.

These are guys who aren't great boxers in any way. When Khan is attacking it's often relentless and because of that, he is wide open. Because of his offensive talents, his defence will be a problem in the future.

If Khan is straight up boxing it is impressive, mainly because of his natural reflexes. However, when he starts pressing forward he simply can't block or avoid shots. Like I said, if the people he was fighting weren't assively ouclassed, he'd be getting hit too. Against a guy like Katsidis and with his chin, I would be suprised if Khan would last 4 rounds.

Katsidis is too much for Khan. Hits too hard, is to aggressive and can probably take what Khan has offensively.

Katsidis KO 3.

3. kerrminator

kerrminator Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Its a boxing phrase. A fighter who seems to hurt easily by a shot above the neck is called chinny(its actually the canals in your ears that cause your legs to go as they control your your balance) Limond hurt him and the fact he is only allowed near powder puff punchers cannot be ignored and Limond is a natural superfeatherweight with a light punch. Had Khan been in with a varied mix of fighters with all sorts of KO ratios then fair enough we could maybe put it down to a lucky shot but he is being kept well away from anyone with half a dig for a damn good reason.

4. Strike

Strike Boxing Addict banned

Sep 14, 2004
    If you look again at my post it says "NOT because Khan is great defensively". I meant that Kat might not land clean even though Khan is not a great defensive fighter.

5. Strike

Strike Boxing Addict banned

Sep 14, 2004
    It is irrelevant it is a term about punch resistance to the head. Do you think cuffing shots to the side of the head ever had McCullogh all over the show from average punchers? Or Oliver McCall? No, because they had "iron chins".

Khan was almost KOd by Watson as an amateur too.

6. robpalmer135

robpalmer135 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jun 29, 2007
    Khan will never be a counter puncher if the doubts about his chin are true.