If Klitschko loses by knockout in the first round

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by 3rdegree, Apr 29, 2017.

1. 3rdegree

3rdegree Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Would it be disastrous to his legacy or not?

2. KiwiMan

KiwiMan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 28, 2016
    No, he's old and coming of a long layout. A fighter's legacy shouldn't be affected much by what he does well after his prime.

KnightAndDay likes this.
  3. gmurphy

gmurphy Land of the corrupt, home of the robbery! banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2013
    It also wouldn't be good for Joshua people will say he caught the old man cold.

What would be good for him is if it competitive for a good few rounds wlad gets him in a but of trouble then he manages to comeback.

Heavyweight is hot or may become hot depending on this fight, if wlad wins then retires he could cast a negative shadow on the division for the next ten years, thats if fury doesn't comeback

KiwiMan likes this.
  4. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    No ,ppl have to really understand the magnitude of this fight win or lose for Wlad...hes facing a 6'6 giant who can actually fight and will exp[lode on him at the first mistake he makes probably.Joshua has TOYED with everyone
    ( even Whyte mocking him) ....hes not going to do that here.

Wlad is fighting the ACTUAL real Joshua ...we havent seen yet. This COULD be either a Lennox Lewis slow approach or Mike Tyson try and end it quickly. I have No doubt Joshua could have ended ALL his fights within 2 rnds if he went full steam and focused...thats what wlad has ahead of him and a 19 fight Joshua not a 16 fight ........

Fast knockout ?Very likely,AND ITS NOT BC WLAD IS old! Anyone remotley knowing what boxing looks like knows his work out showings shows a very dangeroous Wlad on point! Leave the excuses and i told you so behind ...its dumb.... Joshua Is that great and Wlad is STILL that dangerous and skilled. Maybe moreso than ever now being his back against the wall...one thing a highly skilled fighter is almost always at his best when he needs to be.

Joshua 6 rnd K.O!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    heerko koois and Staminakills like this.
  5. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    No, he'd be ok.

KiwiMan likes this.
  6. Staminakills

Staminakills Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Wlad losing will not affect his career at all. In fact , every round he lasts will greatly enhance his legacy. He's not on or even near Aj's level. Add in Aj is a fericuous beast looking to make opponents irrelevant, I just hope Wlad makes it out like he came in.

One thing about us man, we can take so much more punishment than anyone realizes, and Wlad being in career best condition means he's in for the long hall.

He'll be able to fight on far stronger than when he's just going through the motions (most of career) and if he's actually able to implement his talents and what he trained for, we could be in for a TREAT!!!

don owens likes this.
  7. bailey

bailey VIP Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Not now I dont think.
    He has had a great career and beaten alot of good HWs and other title holders, he is getting on in years, so no, I dont think it would hurt his legacy after such a good career

8. greenhornet

greenhornet Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 14, 2016
    no, losing to fury already puts anything to come in the shopworn department, win or lose.

9. reznick

reznick In the 7.2% Full Member

Mar 17, 2010
    No

Round 1 would be surprising, but his legacy is cemented.