If Mayweather came out of retirement and signed to fight Loma in 2019. Who would you pick to win?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by bluebird, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Tomato(e) Can

Tomato(e) Can Emmanuel Dapidran Pacquiao. banned Full Member

Feb 19, 2018
  2. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    i dont know. floyd is much bigger and has a 15cm reach advantage on loma. but floyd is really washed up, and we will see that if this japanese kid is looking at this like a real fight. i say its a toss up..

pacas likes this.
  3. LeftRightDownThePipe

LeftRightDownThePipe Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Aug 14, 2018
    Lomachenko boxes that boys little brain out of his skull. Vasyl is too fast, too smart, and would rise to the occasion like he does in all his big fights. Plus his right should would be 100% healed by then.

Floyd is like Ward though, he needs all the deck stacked in his favor so he is not dropping down to make 135. And that’s pretty much where Loma and his team say he is staying at.

4. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    IF it happened Floyd would win. But there's a reason why he's taking these freakshow fights and staying away from live opponents. If Lomachenko could force him into a ring he'd win.

5. Jackstraw

Jackstraw Mercy for me, justice for thee! Full Member

Jan 28, 2018
    Floyd would win. How do I know? He only signs up for fights that he knows he will win.

6. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Lomo based on his age and activity.
    I believe he’s had surgery after beating Linares?if that’s the case then it doesn’t surprise me that he looked less than Stella the other night and it may take as much as three fights before he’s back on it.
    Dillian Whyte after his loss to Joshua also had surgery and it took him at least four fights before he could use that big left of his,he is now back to his best and looks a better fighter than before but folk shouldn’t think on this before writing Lomochenko off as it’s a potentially career threatening injury if it doesn’t heal properly.

7. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    What even now?Floyd is one f my all time fav boxers,his performance against Canelo was just about as masterful and deadly a display we’ve seen from anyone but even for Floyd to expect him at his age to go from being inactive to beating Lomochenko is a stretch and that’s the only reason I’d have to doubt him.

Floyd was around 143lbs against McGregor I think so it would purely be a contest of skill imo albeit Floyd as taken punches off much bigger,skilled guys than Lomos ever faced...Canelo,Cotto,Moseley,Hatton,Marquez,Manny P, didn’t need it much but Floyds chin was rock solid.

Staminakills likes this.
  8. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Pbf is old and shot he's only fighting mma fighters for easy paydays that gullible promoters continue to give him.

BCS8, velagod and Staminakills like this.
  9. mrtony80

mrtony80 Likes thick chicks Full Member

Sep 2, 2009
    This forum is really bad sometimes.

Pimp C and lobk like this.
  10. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    If FM dropped to 135, then yes, you have a point. Zomblihoya was a dead man when he faced Pac. Fought as high as 160, hadn't fought at 147 in 9 years. Poor ol hoya didn't stand a chance. FM at 147 against Loma is a whole different story.

Salty Dog and Staminakills like this.
  11. dealt_with

dealt_with Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Seriously? It would be pure embarrassment for Floyd.

12. dealt_with

dealt_with Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Anybody with a half a brain knows that Lomachenko would toy with this version of Floyd (and prime).

13. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    If its the Floyd that showed up for the McGregor fight then I think Loma UD's him..

He 40+ and has't had a meaningful fight for years. His reflexing are nothing like they used to be and he won't get hurt but he will get hit...

BCS8 likes this.
  14. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Mayweather is an inch taller and turns 42 in February.

Loma wins. A lot of guys win against him. That's why he hasn't fought a professional boxer going on four years.

15. blackbolt396

blackbolt396 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 13, 2012