If Mayweather came out of retirement and signed to fight Loma in 2019. Who would you pick to win?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by bluebird, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Zhuge Liang

Zhuge Liang Active Member Full Member

Jun 30, 2018
    Is Mayweather willingly to fight under 135 category ?

2. Komaster

Komaster Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Sep 20, 2010
    If Mayweather came back and won it fair and square then he'd be the best ever, period.

3. Staminakills

Staminakills Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Fmj is simply too old to beat Loma, I think.

Fyi: Fmj isn't anywhere NEAR way bigger than Loma. Truth be told they're actuality very similar in size. Fact

4. Contele_Dracula

Contele_Dracula Member Full Member

Apr 6, 2012
    I am not a hater but probably I will not live so long to see somebody beating Mayweather. He still has one of the best defensive skills ever...

5. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
  6. bluebird

bluebird Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 17, 2009
    He is way bigger. Loma is the same height as Pac but has a smaller frame. Floyd dwarfed Pac.

This content is protected

This content is protected

Ph33rknot likes this.
  7. Staminakills

Staminakills Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Not once they were in the ring with similar boxing shoes. Outside of the ring fmj where's heels on his frigging shoes

He was 5'7" in his prime but now he's more like 5'6" at the most. Fmj has the better reach and that's all. He was always (every single fight I know) the physically lighter fighter.

You Clowns were calling for fmj to fight the best at MW (that's how insanely great he was, yes was past tense) while claiming anything over 135 is "too much" for Loma. And you're trying to compare their talent, LMMFAO. Fmj was 10 the fighter Loma COULD EVER BE !!!

8. Power_tek

Power_tek Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2018
    Lol I was arguing about lomas t-Rex arms the other night glad someone else has noticed

9. Beremith

Beremith Active Member Full Member

Feb 22, 2008
    This is an interesting fantasy match up. How do the fighters use their size? If you look back these fighters careers they are mostly skill, speed and reaction type of fighters. Size doesn't matter as much if you don't impose it on your opponent. Neither fighter never relied on their size that much. Just a thought. Loma beats Floyd now but not so sure about him beating young May.

10. Rock0052

Rock0052 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2006
    Floyd's too old.

Itd be a phenomenal achievement if he came back and beat Loma.

11. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    I'd still pick Floyd. While he is past it, he still has his legs, reach, and countering ability. He's also bigger than Lomachenko, and has master boxing ability, especially against smaller guys, who will feel his pity pat more than a big strong natural welter would.

12. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Mayweather has a massive size advantage but he's also as old as F.

I actually think Loma can do this.

Floyd looked awful against Conor and I don't buy the "I wuz carrying him" bs argument. Loma will beat a shot Floyd.

mirkofilipovic and Heavy_Hitter like this.
  13. Heavy_Hitter

Heavy_Hitter Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Mayweather got outboxed by McGregor

BCS8 likes this.
  14. gdm

gdm Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Lol , floyd from 3 years ago beats loma, coz he is much bigger, now floyd is too old and would lose. Father time is undefeated.

15. Wasteman

Wasteman Certified Wasteman Full Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Mayweather: he still looks sharp in recent videos, he already successfuly adapted his style to compensate for his age and above all else, he holds a significant size old advantage over Loma.

That said, based purely on his skill set and youth, I still give Loma roughly a 3 out of 10 chance of upsetting Floyd (which on an unrelated note is also the same chance I give Garcia of upsetting Spence.)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018