If McCline beat Vitaly

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Stinky gloves, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Stinky gloves

Stinky gloves Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 31, 2007
    Should Vitaly continue or go back to retirement?

2. ChrisPontius

ChrisPontius March 8th, 1971 Full Member

Oct 4, 2005
    Retire for good. If Vitali loses to McCline at this point then it's probably injury related and that's not gonna get any better at age 35/36 after his extensive career.

3. H .

H . Boxing Junkie banned

Jan 20, 2007
    If he loses to McCline, injury or not, hang 'em up!

4. thesandman

thesandman Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    If Vitlay can't beat McCline, who's what, 37 now and was never that good - it's time to go. Write it off to injuries, and just be done with it.

5. boxingwizard

boxingwizard Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    If he does it's likely injury-related, there should be nio reason he should get beat by him, Vitali's got a good chin compared to McCline's average power.

6. Bazooka

Bazooka Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me Full Member

Oct 23, 2005
    if he were to lose to McClein I would advise him to find a gun insert bullet put it to his head and pull the trigger

7. Grabonator

Grabonator Active Member Full Member

Apr 15, 2007
    McCline was always a decent heavyweight, not one of the verry best but not bad. If Vitali will be rusty or not at 100% percent he will have a hard time with McCline who can go a decent pace for such a big man.
    Its a shame he got injured against Valuev, it would have been a verry close fight, maybe McCline would have even won it!

8. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    :rofl

9. DamonD

DamonD Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 19, 2004
    I would really be shocked. So long as McCline has his head together and he's trained hard, he should be able to give Vitali a good work out.

But if Vitali was to lose, even with all the ring rust he's bound to have...that would be a pretty flat, disappointing outcome for me. Because I just don't see McCline going all that much higher in his career.

10. Cachibatches

Cachibatches Boxing Junkie banned

Nov 12, 2006
    Anyone beaten by Mcline has to consider the rocking chair.

11. Words

Words Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 21, 2007
    I thought McCline was gonna beat Valuev to be honest, he's not a pushover. HE has confidence issues though, such as when he got beat by Vlad. When he's on his game, which I doubt he will be, he's a good heavyweight.

12. Heavyrighthand

Heavyrighthand Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 29, 2005
    I agree, McCline is certainly a tough test for Vitali.

And knowing that, I would think that if Vitali were to lose to McCline after having been out of the ring for what will be almost 3 years, and having undergone surgery, it would not be a mandatory retirement level setback, no.

Vitali has never really been severly outboxed, or KOed, much less knocked DOWN, even, so if he happens to be so rusty that McCline did manage to beat him, I don't see as that would be a career ender, no.

He is too dominant when he's at his best, and if McCline were to beat him, he would not really know if he's washed up, or merely too rusty, still.

So, he'd want to know which it is, and would, more than likely continue, although he'd have to step down a notch or two inorder to rebuild himself upon the backs of a tomato can or two.

That said, I think we'll see Vitali well rested, refreshed and ready to start taking back control of the division. He'll probably knock McCline OUT, sometime within the first 6 rounds.

Perkin Warbeck likes this.
  13. t-worm

t-worm oldbie Full Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Even a not 100% Vitali would wear him down with his Mantis-like jab i reckon

14. A-50

A-50 Active Member Full Member

Jan 28, 2007

If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle, Vitali Klitschko is going to destroy Jameel "the joke" McCline in brutal fashion.

15. The Kurgan

The Kurgan Boxing Junkie banned

Nov 16, 2004
    It would be interesting if they both got injured and quit simulteneously. That would be a first, I think.