If Michael Hunter works on his stamina he is a world title contender!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by f1ght3rz, Oct 13, 2018.

1. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Yes.

CHIN. Never stopped in his career i think. Went the distance with Usyk as a pro, took flush left hands all over the place in the last three rounds and survived. Wasn't troubled at all by Bakole today who looks like a bum in terms of boxing skills but has power for sure.

SPEED and MASSIVE NATURAL BOXING SKILLS all over the ****ing place. He outboxed Usyk for seven rounds, was up 5-2 on my card after 7 but gassed out a bit later on as he did a lot early (he won the first four rounds on my card).

POWER. Stopped Kiladze as fast as Joyce and earlier than Kownacki.

RING IQ. Cutting the ring very, very well. I recognized that for the first time vs. Usyk as he was moving very well around Usyk and Usyk had some problems to cut the distance on his own.

If Hunter works on his stamina problems as he was gassing out vs Usyk and as it seems vs Bakole too he is a Top 10 HW for me and can easily challenge for a world title.

S.K, drenlou, UnleashtheFURY and 5 others like this.
  2. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Who knows, maybe it is him that ends up becoming the greatest foe for Usyk at heavyweight..

Or not.

Bustajay, pacas and Serge like this.
  3. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
  4. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Maybe we will see.

If Hunter wants it and stays active he can do it.

In terms of natural abilities and boxing skills he is a Top 5 HW right now.

I only can see two or three better boxers in the division right now when it comes to natural boxing talent and boxing skills. Usyk will be added after moving up and would be one of them.

mirkofilipovic and CST80 like this.
  5. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    He was actually beating Usyk until he gassed, wonder if his stamina will be better at HW not having to make weight

6. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Usyk would've stopped him if he'd gone nuts on his ribs earlier in the fight like he did in round 9 or 10 IIRC. He really didn't like those body shots at all. But like many of us said before that fight he is a very good fighter and he only further confirmed that with his excellent performance tonight.

7. wifly

wifly Active Member Full Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Lol he wasn't outboxing Usyk, he won 3 rounds at best, not more.
    IMO he was a heavy favourite vs Bakole and he will be a top heavyweight if he keeps active.
    He also seems to be a very likeable guy, wish him the best.

8. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    He actually won 4 rounds on Usyk that doesn't matter however bc one thing Usyk does well is maintain work capacity, certain punch count.

Hunter doesn't have this back up plan and while a decent fighter nothing actually sets him apart from others outside the top 20 .

A solid skilled guy but nothing tells me he will have an impact at HW.

PunchersChance. and Jackomano like this.
  9. Jackomano

Jackomano Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    His technique needs a lot of work before I can see him being a top 10 heavyweight, since his footwork and punching technique is still very sloppy.

10. Jackomano

Jackomano Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    This. I don't see Hunter's stamina or workrate holding up once he starts fighting better competition at heavyweight. Usyk's footwork and technique on the other hand are far more developed than Hunter's and Usyk's efficiency will work in his favor against many of the bigger and slower heavyweights, since he won't gas easily. However, the major question mark for Usyk is his durability, since it hasn't been tested yet.

11. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    He is game and has a chin, I'm not saying he is a world beater or will beat any of the top heavyweights but he could be a problem for a few of them.

He let's his hands go, he isn't frightened to mix it and have a shoot out and that is dangerous for any opponent.

He is one of those fighters you genuinely have to knock out to stop, he will just keep swinging until he drops or gets dropped.

I'm a little bit of a fan of him now, like his attitude and determination.

12. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Yeah... no. He kept the first 4 rounds really close. Then Usyk took over, and it wasn't because he gassed.

LeftRightDownThePipe likes this.
  13. Vykus

Vykus ɹoolɟ ǝɥʇ ɯoɹɟ ʍǝᴉʌ ǝɥʇ Full Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Hunter vs Jennings next.

velagod and UnleashtheFURY like this.
  14. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    This content is protected

UnleashtheFURY likes this.
  15. Serge