If Michael Hunter works on his stamina he is a world title contender!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by f1ght3rz, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    He's a natural CW but he'll do well at HW just as long as in the future he steers clear of the beasts of the division like Usyk.

2. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    I like Hunter but let's not go overboard here. I picked him to beat Bakole and knew he'd trash a shot Ustinov but he's yet to really face anyone really any good at heavyweight. He's an exciting inclusion to the division and shown he can take a decent heavyweight punch but it's far too early to know if he'll be a factor at the top level.

Sphillips likes this.
  3. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    If a bum like Whyte is rated as a Top 10 HW these days you can call Hunter for sure a contender as he would beat Whyte quite comfortably.

Hunter already has a deeper HW resume than Whyte beating Ustinov, Kiladze, Bakole hahahahahaa

305th likes this.
  4. Perkin Warbeck

Perkin Warbeck Boxing aficionado banned Full Member

Nov 4, 2017
    Beating faded age 42 Ustinov doesn't mean much.

How will Hunter do against some prime opponents like Parker, Miller and Whyte?

5. Sphillips

Sphillips Active Member Full Member

Nov 14, 2017
    Well no he hasn’t.

Aydamn likes this.
  6. slender4

slender4 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
    Well now, Wilder has had 40 fights, is undefeated and has an Olympic medal to his credit.

7. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    He beats Parker, Miller and Whyte.

Hunter is the next big thing in boxing,

Book it.

pacas likes this.
  8. slender4

Apr 26, 2006
    As your president would say, that's "fake news."

9. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    He lives in Germany, so he's not his President, but he is your President, you pinko commie.

Does it ever occur to you that you spend the majority of your time on here fixating on and throwing off on posters who like foreign fighters instead of hyping fighters from their own country, yet economically and politically that's basically Trump's modus operandi, but for some reason you hate him for that.:lol:

gmurphy and mirkofilipovic like this.
  10. slender4

Apr 26, 2006
    I don't hate Trump, I think all of our puppets pretending to be presidents are clowns*.

And I don't have anything against someone hyping a foreign fighter. I really like Joshua Buatsi. He is an Olympic medalist, undefeated and Ghanaian just like I am.

But if one of you started calling him a great fighter I'd call you a clown for that too.

(* Sigh...yes even the one who had a tan).

11. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    At least we can agree on that, it seems like it would be near impossible for the Republicans and Democrats to back to back nominate the worst possible person for the job, but somehow with Bush and Obama, they pulled it off.

Buatsi could be a great fighter, there's nothing wrong with speculating, oping for the best, if you're wrong, oh well.

12. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    There are levels to this game and Dillian Whyte would bang out Michael Hunter.

He's really good though I admit. Like a real life Adonis Creed

13. BoxingABC1

BoxingABC1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2016
    Hunter is probably a level above Whyte in terms of talent. I'd fancy Hunter to win that, Whyte is thoroughly average.

Sandman_ likes this.
  14. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    This content is protected

15. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    True, Ustinov is clearly shot, he's so slow now it's like watching him punch through treacle, don't think many thought Ustinov would win.

But fight showed Hunter seems to have a decent chin, as did the Bakole fight which is always questioned when a cruiser moves up to heavy and Hunter took this fight on short notice after having only recently beaten Bakole.

But as you say we have to see him step up and fight a decent name. Parker would be a good fight as would Miller. Whyte or Chisora, winner or loser would be a good fight. Hunter still has a lot to prove at heavyweight, too early to say he's a serious contender when he hasn't even fought anyone I'd regard as a gatekeeper yet.