If Pacquiao Beats Thurman, Will Lomachenko Then See Him As A Worthy Opponent???

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Paranoid Android, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Wtf are you on about?
    Did you, or did you not refer to the proposed Manny-Loma fight?

2. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Spence weighed 156 against Ocampo, Manny usually comes in about 150, Loma 138. Manny is much more thick-set than Loma.

And Manny has that unusual Asian Chi-Force supernatural (well I say supernatural but nothing particularly natural about jacking yourself with more roids than the winner's rostrum of Mr. Olympia) Bruce Lee type power that is able to hurt much bigger opponents whereas Loma wasn't a huge puncher even down at 126. And all of the champs down at 130 weigh more than Loma on fight night, nevermind all the top dogs at 135.

And Manny's mammoth melon is so vast after decades of roid abuse (and no athlete in the history of sporting competition has taken more roids than him) that it would barely pass through a black hole. Even the good people of the Philippines refer to him as Pacroid and make fun of the size of his Jupiter-sized noggin and he's actually pretty popular over there believe it or not.

Jobo1878 and thesmokingm like this.
  3. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    And Manny hits harder than Spence too

4. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Manny Pacquiao — The Thurmanator banned Full Member

Jul 21, 2017
    You trolling, son. Pac's head was ginormous going back to his teen years. Unfortunately for you, there's pictures and videos of his early fights. In fact, Manny Jr. has the same gigantic dome and calves.

Look, I get it. You're a Lomosexual and I'm a huge fan of the Ukrainian too. He and Inoue make up 2a and 2b. I'll only root "against" Lomachenko in a Pac fight. If Lomachenko won, I wouldn't even be that upset.

But Lomachenko needs to be honest with himself and the fans. Just say that Pac is too big. Don't offer up a catchweight, then demand that the fight be at 135 only, and then say that Pac is too old and a win would be meaningless.

Team Loma knows what's up. His strength and conditioning coach called Pac the best ever. His dad told Arum the fight ain't happening. They don't want that work from the Smoke Monster. You also need to be honest with yourself — Pac would put Lomachenko in a Comachenko at any weight they decide to fight at.

That's just facts.

:deal:

5. Paranoid Android

Jul 21, 2017
    Take a break, guy.

:lol:

6. Badbot

Apr 17, 2011
    :facepalm: You spew some gibberish and then just start trolling... Aight...

7. thesmokingm

thesmokingm Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 18, 2009
    That went over your head.

8. Paranoid Android

Jul 21, 2017
    Do explain.

9. Paranoid Android

Jul 21, 2017
    Tell me again why Pac is too big for Lomachenko? Because he decided to hunt big game at 147?

:lol:

10. Zhuge Liang

Zhuge Liang Active Member Full Member

Jun 30, 2018
    Well, according to Pacquiao himself, he still can go back to 135. But does it work well for him ? I dunno. The last time I saw Pacquiao fight in 135 is against David Diaz and that's probably ten years ago.

You can't expect Loma to go up in weight to 140 for a catchweight because he absolutely has no interest to move up weight at this moment. This is one of the main reasons why Loma is not interested in this fight.

Also, at 40, Pac is still dangerous fighter. Loma probably has bigger chance to win due to Loma is in his prime and Pacquiao has long passed it. However, there is simply no benefit of fighting Pacquiao for him. Thus, the risk is bigger and outweighs the benefit.

11. RingKing75

RingKing75 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Dec 23, 2013
    Yeah. Tell that to Mikey Garcia.

12. LANCE99

LANCE99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Because Pac has been a WW for a decade, and is clearly thicker body-wise. It's not hard to see the size difference.

13. Badbot

Apr 17, 2011
    :facepalm: He is bigger and more used to the weight.
    Lomachenko was supposedly around 142lbs vs Pedraza. Which means Pac has about 10 lbs on him. Which, tbh, isn't much at all.
    Loma is slightly smaller but Pac is much more used to fighting at a higher weight. Which is an actual thing.

14. Kaan

Kaan Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2017
    Pac is a bit naturally bigger than Lomachenko as well, it's not just accustomed weight.
    He has wider ankles, calves, wrists and shoulder width. So he is able to put that extra 10-12 lbs weight easier.
    And the thing is he is accustomed to fighting at 150 lbs fight night. So, although welterweight is two-division big for him, he is still a welterweight in a lightweight. Plus, Lomachenko is a tiny 135er and not exactly a lightweight. So Lomachenko would be the smaller guy going into the fight.
    That's a fight I'd like to see. And it's still a hard night for Lomachenko because of the weight disparity, which Pac never got the taste of since... i don't know.

15. Alo2006

Alo2006 R.I.P Sean Taylor Full Member

Jun 28, 2006
    Loma always say he's to small for 140. So this fight would never happen. If it did though, @ 140 i would favor Pac to beat him. I think that southpaw stance with Pac's ability would be hell for Loma. Even in this stage of Pac's career.

Paranoid Android likes this.