If Spence loses to Mikey, his career is done!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by GK BOX, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Taylor is gonna blossom and take over eventually imo

2. LANCE99

LANCE99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 11, 2016
    P4P actually means nothing to me. It's not something consistently carried across fans or analysts, so it's hard for me to even consider those rankings to use for anything legitimate. Mikey isn't just a regular LW. He's clearly a special fighter.

Angler Andrew likes this.
  3. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Manny Pacquiao — The Thurmanator banned Full Member

Jul 21, 2017
    Pac truly jumped TWO weight classes. Mikey is only jumping ONE because he fought at 140 three times before. Facts.

I thought you knew boxing?

Pac also started at FLYWEIGHT. Let that sink in and destroy your day. Sorry, dude. I know these facts are very upsetting.

:lol:

4. minemax

minemax Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2017
    @LANCE99, well, Spence is not just a regular WW. He's considered one of the best at the division.

5. Paranoid Android

Jul 21, 2017
    :lol:

We're talking about Spence's stock IN THE EYES OF MOST should he lose to Mikey, not my own view.

Spence's narrative is that he's the Boogeyman that everyone is ducking. And Mikey's narrative is that he's climbing 2 weight classes to fight the Boogeyman. This is the angle that Fox/PBC is spinning and what most people see as well.

6. Dance84

Dance84 Unicorn and seastar land Full Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Still a prime spennce Is better than a drained 40 year old delahoya

rayhogan likes this.
  7. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    "How many people think" is quite often - and case in point here - stupid and wrong.

Angler Andrew likes this.
  8. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    I honestly forgot that he fought Easter, and was only remembering that he firmly established himself at 140lbs with the very good win over Lipinets (which counts for way more IMO; Easter was an overrated paper champ).

Oh boy, ya got me! :rolleyes:

He still had been having trouble making weight and planning an exodus to LWW or LW for quite some time, and is a light welterweight as of the Lipinets fight as far as I'm concerned, Easter pitstop notwithstanding.

9. Paranoid Android

Jul 21, 2017
    You don't think Spence is draining himself? And I don't quite get the comparison—Pac jumped 2 weight classes. Mikey jumped 1. Okay, both fights are at 147 for the first time, but Pac is a smaller man than Mikey.

Oh, you're a hater.

:deal:

Birmingham likes this.
  10. LANCE99

Mar 11, 2016
    Of course. Lets assume if Mikey wins, he will campaign at WW, even a tad undersized. If he continues to win at WW, would that signify ALL the WW's were subpar, or that Mikey is indeed more special then some other titlists out there?

If Mikey win and then is beaten by the next WW he faces, then AND ONLY THEN, would I agree some about Spence.

One fight does not define a fighter.

Rock0052 and Ph33rknot like this.
  11. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot etreuM aL Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    now I'm not saying he's anywhere near Pac but it's happened before

12. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot etreuM aL Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Pac is also the superior athlete more power more speed

13. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    For sure,salesmen often say "most folk bought this"just so happens that most folk are clueless lol

IntentionalButt likes this.
  14. Charlie Stewart

Charlie Stewart Most Merciful Full Member

Feb 5, 2019
    I agree! Spence is too big. Garcia would’ve been better off fighting Loma, that’s how bad of a mismatch this is

15. LANCE99

Mar 11, 2016
    :duh

Why is you constantly try to tell posters how they will react or are acting here? You have no freakin clue, troll... You simply come off as a ***** doing so....