if Usyk beats Fury is he the greatest of his generation post Floyd?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Mister Pugilist, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Mister Pugilist

Mister Pugilist Member Full Member

Apr 24, 2022
    thoughts?

unifying cruiser and then unifying HW as an underweight and doing so against an absolute giant like Fury would be GOAT level shyt right, i mean he would have to be the best right

2. Mister Pugilist

Mister Pugilist Member Full Member

Apr 24, 2022
  3. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    If he became the first undisputed heavy of the four belt era after being the first undisputed cruiser of the four belt era he would be uber-elite along the levels of Robinson, Armstrong, Greb, Duran. Leonard, etc.

AdamT, DramaShow, Braindamage and 6 others like this.
  4. VanBasten

VanBasten Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2017
    He won’t beat Fury which somewhat negates the question. However, I’d rank Charlo, Chocolatito, Taylor and Tank Davis ahead of Usyk.

5. Alo2006

Alo2006 R.I.P Sean Taylor Full Member

Jun 28, 2006
  6. Kiwi Casual

Kiwi Casual Active Member Full Member

Jul 31, 2021
  7. Levook

Levook Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 26, 2020
    I would say a damned good argument could be made!

I'm not very good at ranking fighters, but who else is around? We have the rest of Inoue's career to watch unfold, along with several others. Heck, there are some that think if Fury beats Usyk, he's the greatest his generation. Some might say Crawford, or Beterbiev.

All I know for sure is that none of these guys are anywhere near Mayweather P4P and have a lot of work to do to come even close.

8. Sooncreate3

Sooncreate3 Member Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    Tank over Usyk???? Don't tell me that you aren't trolling?

9. Fogger

Fogger Father, grandfather and big sports fan. Full Member

Aug 9, 2021
    From a combination of skill and achievements point of view Alvarez, Inoue and Usyk stand well above everyone else in the seven post-Floyd years. (I'm not counting the McGregor debacle) From a skill point of view alone there are certainly a few other contenders including but not limited to Crawford, Estrada and Golovkin.

I've got to eliminate Inoue simply because he doesn't have enough quality wins. That isn't his fault but it is the the way it is. It's really close between Usyk and Canelo but if Usyk adds Fury to his victim's list it is hard to deny him as being the top dog.

10. VanBasten

VanBasten Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2017
    Inoue doesn’t have enough quality wins but Usyk does?

His best win is against an out of shape Bellew who was only fighting for a last payday before retiring. His next best is Breidis which most people thought Breidis won.

At heavyweight, he’s fought Witherspoon, Chisora and Joshua x2. He never put a dent in Chisora, losing about 5 rounds in the process. He failed to hurt chinny Joshua in 24 rounds and won the second bout via split decision.

In short, he has done absolutely nothing to merit being in a discussion vis-à-vis the greatest of a generation.

11. Glovedup

Glovedup New Member banned Full Member

Jan 21, 2023
    Yes. Hes the frontrunner already for me... but that will cement it. Winner of Beterbiev v Bivol is a close second also..

12. Glovedup

Glovedup New Member banned Full Member

Jan 21, 2023
    :lol:

kiwi_boxer likes this.
  13. ArseBandit

ArseBandit Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    And Floyd.

14. senpai

senpai Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2021
    No, Fury is not the beast people are claiming, after his hyped fights with Wilder.

I think Usyk will have problems with other HWs, that are not very hyped today.

15. kiwi_boxer

kiwi_boxer nighty night, ellerbe ☠ ☠ ☠ banned Full Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Imagine going through 9 months pregnancy only to find out your child would rank Tank Davis over Usyk.

Jesus Christ.