If Usyk beats Ortiz in his fight at HW...

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by jmashyaka, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Rockradar

Rockradar Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2016
    You can chuck AJ into the list of those who have rejected Ortizs offers to fight too. If we are to believe the same media sources that told us that those names aboves declined Ortizs offer to a fight, then the same has to count for AJ. Theres more videos on youtube thats all about Ortizs claims that AJ is ducking him, then there are of any of the names above. Ortiz has even threaten legal action over Joshua. Joshua is who Ortiz has been wanting.
    https://metro.co.uk/2017/05/09/luis...ld-anthony-joshua-duck-title-defence-6625099/

2. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011
    What yall fail to realize is that every fighter that Usky has fought, Oriiz would have knocked them out brutally. Ortiz and Usky has the same height and reach and I think that Ortiz is a lot smarter and hits a lot harder than what Usky is accustomed to. Ortiz does not fight scared and contrary to popular belief is not a plodding fighter. He is very active the whole fight and will present a deadly challenge to Usky. I won't cash him out and wouldn't be surprised if he knocked Usky clean out.

Shin likes this.
  3. Rockradar

Oct 1, 2016
    Yeah I too think that the naturally bigger Ortiz would've knocked out a lot of the cruiserweights that Usyk hadn't. Keyword there is - cruiserweights. That doesn't phase Usyk one bit because I hear that he is trying to fight Ortiz.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ortiz knocked out Usyk as well but Usyk has already earn't my respect for chasing opponents like Ortiz and Povetkin for only his second fight as a heavyweight. I'm not a fan of Usyk yet but so far, I like the fights he's getting himself into.

4. Manfred

May 22, 2011
    The key word is skills because Ortiz would have outboxed them as well before knocking them out. For me, It's not about Usky but more so about people thinking that he would run rampant over Ortiz because of his resume at cruiser weight. That record has a very small impact on how he would have to handle himself with the big boys. Not saying that he won't be able to deal but just that he hasn't shown that yet and his resume doesn't dictate that.

Rockradar likes this.
  5. smiffyinoz

smiffyinoz Active Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2018
    because AJ has a lot to gain by fighting Ortiz? Old man Ortiz is irrelevant and should stick to struggling against the likes of Kauffman.

Slowhand and lewis gassed like this.
  6. Rockradar

Oct 1, 2016
    Again, I agree with you on most things. Usyk did fight a lot of skilled fighters so I didn't want that to be the focus. Instead I accentuated the fact Usyk couldn't drop those cruiserweights (which supports what you said earlier about Ortiz dropping the guys Usyk couldnt). Skill? I'm not to sure about, I don't disagree on that entirely cos Ortiz is a skilled southpaw but it's more the point of the difference that weight makes in boxing.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    Manfred likes this.
  7. Rockradar

Oct 1, 2016
    I don't think you red my post properly. All I was saying was AJ has also been reported to have ducked Ortiz. That's all. Not because of any gain that AJ might or might not make. I take your point about there being nothing in it for AJ but that's not what I was getting at, at all. Please read properly.

Some like to say so and so ducked so and so but they don't mention the fighters they like as duckers. That's what I saying and with an article to support.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  8. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    1-0 Usyk TKO 4 Epifanio Mendoza *Usyk scored 2 KDs*

14-0 Luis Ortiz WDQ 7 (low blow) Epifanio Mendoza

9. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    This content is protected

This content is protected

Slowhand and Dario Argento like this.
  10. mthez

mthez Active Member banned Full Member

Aug 12, 2016
    Even I can beat Old Ortiz

11. Dario Argento

Dario Argento The exotic Waitress banned Full Member

Nov 4, 2018
    With a walking cane maybe.

12. mthez

mthez Active Member banned Full Member

Aug 12, 2016

Yes using his walking cane.

13. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    All smoke and mirrors there. Ortiz threatened legal action but by then had already signed with Haymon and a month before his mandatory was mandated his fight with Wilder was already all but confirmed and when in Aug he was mandated as mandatory did he take legal action? No he didn't he was more than happy to take an easier path to a title in Wilder. Ortiz never made any offers to Joshua, calling someone out is not the same as making an offer.

If Ortiz had really wanted the Joshua fight he would of signed with Hearn instead of the fight by fight deal he had with Matchroom. Had he done what he was willing to do with Haymon and sign to secure a title shot he would of gotten his title shot but in reality he didn't want the Joshua fight if he did he would of taken Joshua to court like Lewis did in 96 when he took Tyson to court.

Rockradar likes this.
  14. Rockradar

Oct 1, 2016
    Interesting.

Maybe Ortiz never made any offers to Parker either. I never heard of any so it's unfair when you hear people say that this guy and that guy ducked Ortiz when no offers were made.

Brighton bomber likes this.
  15. Manfred

May 22, 2011
    So, what exactly are you saying?