If Ward & Froch Fight Again...Ward Stops Him

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Dipset, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Dipset

Dipset Dipset4Ever Full Member

Jun 29, 2010
    I like both fighters...(I miss my avi)....I believe Froch has improved...TACTICALLY since the last time these two met....however I feel after what I saw in the Kessler fight...If Ward is consistent with the body attack...he will break the Cobra down...late...Carl looked tired in that 11 round....

That being said....I also feel Andre career is going to be shorter than people may expect....he is horrendously injury prone....hand, shoulder, knee, face...this guy can't stay healthy....it's a shame....

Thoughts please...brothers

Dipset4Ever

2. Two Shakes

Two Shakes Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2008
    I can see where your coming from, but look how many punches Froch threw in that fight and its no wonder he was flagging late on.
    Froch knew his lack of activity in the first Kessler fight is what cost him the decision, and he set out to correct that. hence the high workrate.
    Against Ward i don't see him doing the same, he won't be able to outbox Ward, so i only see two options and that is either to swarm Ward from the get go, or hope to land something heavy and follow it up.
    Frochs jab is a decent tool in his armoury, but Ward soon figured out that he could neutralise it by staying close to Froch.
    I'd pick Ward to UD Froch again even in the UK. Froch knows what he's up against and may be able to make the fight closer, but i'd still have to go with Ward.
    Ward was peppering Froch with shots in the first fight, but he didn't manage to discourage him from coming forward and throwing big shots, and Kessler landed some seriously hurtfull punches in the later rounds last Saturday without discouraging him.

3. MrMagic

MrMagic VIP Member Full Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Yeah...... ok....... maybe....... but you know............ Ward isn't really renowned for his.................power............you know...........Froch has a granite chin also............. which is why I think....................this goes the distance...... everytime they fight.............and also................I...............can construct...........a.....sentence without.......looking....like a complete jackass.

4. dendy

dendy no easy way out Full Member

Apr 10, 2010
    I don't reckon ward stops him and see it as a closer fight that ward will again win on points. One hope froch has is to continue to constantly belittle wards fighting style as he has been doing in the hope ward does actually come to fight rather than neutralise and spoil. if this happens froch certainly has a punchers chance.

5. MrMagic

MrMagic VIP Member Full Member

Oct 28, 2004

:-(

6. eagleskins

eagleskins Active Member Full Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Umm, no. Froch stopping Ward would be the more plausible scenario.

7. Bogotazo

Bogotazo Amateur Full Member

Oct 17, 2009
    I think so. He's sitting down on his punches more and would likely try to make a statement by upping his offensive volume.

8. stevebhoy87

stevebhoy87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 7, 2007
    I'd be surprised and very impressed if Ward was able to stop Froch. I'd be almost certain this fight would be a Ward wide UD if it was to happen again, but can't see the stoppage.

9. NewBoxingOrder

NewBoxingOrder Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 13, 2008
    If they fight again, Froch will be at least 36 years old (turns 36 in July 2013). It's possible Ward could stop him as age slows down all fighters.

10. tezel8764

tezel8764 Boxing Junkie banned

Mar 28, 2012
    Tough fight for Cobra, I believe Ward will box the same but may move in for the kill late in the bout.

11. Rock0052

Rock0052 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2006
    Andre also has the shoulder issue to worry about. At most, he'd only have one fight before facing Froch and there's a solid chance he faces him straight away after the layoff.

Shoulder issues are tough to gauge until we actually see the fighter in the ring again, but compromised power afterward is common.

I think Ward wins a 7-5, 8-4 style decision- tough but clear. I'd be surprised if he ices Froch, even taking Carl's age into account.

12. damian38

damian38 BigDramaShow Full Member

Sep 11, 2011
    yeah, Ward stops Froch :lol:

13. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 31, 2010
    Ward tko's a drained unmotivated **** chad dawson therefore he stops the GRANITE of the Cobra?

Cool story.

14. PityTheFool

PityTheFool Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Good shout.
    I think Carl has improved enough to not let Ward completely dictate matters.He will try to use the jab to control distance and stay outside where he can find those unique angles of his.
    But this is Ward,the ultimate neutraliser, and I've accepted that Carl is never going to keep a high guard,and those right hooks that did so much damage to Dawson will come from the portside to take advantage of Carl keeping a low right hand(people always talk about his low left,but my heart sinks more when he starts dropping his right)
    Ward does not stop Froch, and there is not a single hard fact or statistic that suggests he does.

15. MAG1965

MAG1965 VIP Member banned

Dec 1, 2008
    tough fight for Froch, but no way Ward knocks him out. Froch is one of those fighters you cannot help but like. I would be rooting for Froch, yet Ward might be too quick and win another decision.