If Ward & Froch Fight Again...Ward Stops Him

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Dipset, Jun 1, 2013.

1. PityTheFool

PityTheFool Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'd say it was far more reasonable to suggest that Froch fought so poorly that night that even he can see that major adjustments are needed to make the fight competitive.
    Even you surely can't deny that Froch has shown improvement and a better willingness to listen to his trainer these days?
    All through the Ward fight he completely ignored Rob's instructions,and not all the mistakes were forced by Andre.
    If you take Froch's last three fights against Ward stopping the ghost of Chad Dawson( who he would still out point where Chad fit) and come to the conclusion that these things point to a Ward stoppage,it has nothing to do with fact and everything to do with hope,for whatever reason(and we know yours)

I'm on the verge of bowing out of this particular debate as far as you and I are concerned Irish,because I get no pleasure from seeing you post devoid of reason and brimming with hate for a fighter.

2. irishny

irishny Obsessed with Boxing banned

May 8, 2009
    I havent seen any sort of improvement from Froch that would lead to believe that he'd have a chance against Ward.

Before the Ward fight, Froch fought a darn close war with Keesler where Kessler got the decision.

And now,he just fought a darn close war with Kessler where he got the decision.

So no,I havent seen this improvement that people are talking about.

And if you think that Froch has a hope in Hades of beating Ward, Im not too interested in keeping this debate going either.

Ward has already decisively beaten Froch with a broken hand. With 2 hands, I see a late stoppage,with McCraken telling him to stay seated before the 10th round.

3. bailey

bailey VIP Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Anything is possible, but I like to look at the facts as much as possible and I would note that in the first Ward/Froch fight, it was Ward who looked the more tired between them in the later rounds and Froch who looked the stronger late on.
    Froch is getting on, but I think he finally realises that he often sat back and gave rounds away and has looked to improve on that.
    I thought the Froch/ward fight was very close and only had Ward as a close winner. With the more active Froch, I wouldnt be shocked at all if Froch now not letting things slide as much, beats Ward

4. PityTheFool

Oct 18, 2011
    Where have I said throughout this whole debate that Froch would beat Ward?
    Even in the post above,all I said was that he should've made enough improvements so that the fight could be more competitive.
    Now you're using a complete falsehood to put yourself in a position where you feel it's justifiable to say you're ending the debate, whereas I used a reason that was respectful more than anything.
    I wouldn't think for a millisecond that you could care less whether I want to continue the debate whether my reasons were respectful or not,but that's a pretty low road to go down if you're going to make up a lie and suggest that I said it and it's a reason for stopping our debate.

I'd love to know what a neutral or even objective Ward fan would think of our discussions over the last couple days if all the posts were put to them.

5. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Ward isn't stopping Froch.

6. PityTheFool

Oct 18, 2011
    That post cheered me there Bailey.:D
    Even though we differ in some of our opinions I always feel you can flog a dead horse of a thread and get it jumping fences again.

I'll get my popcorn...:yep

7. bailey

Dec 11, 2009
    :lol: Thanks

8. MichiganWarrior

MichiganWarrior Still Slick! Still Black! Full Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Bailey if this fight ever comes off in the UK I'll say Froch doesnt win more than 2 rounds on any of the judges scorecards. All you have to do is put "Roy Jones is my daddy" on your location.

Thats how confident I am a two handed Ward sons Froch again.

9. MrPR

MrPR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Ward ain't stopping Froch . Froch will be a lot more explosive in a 2nd fight . Ward needs to worry about not getting caught by something big . I see this fight being a Lot more competitive than the 1st fight . Ward wins by hard fought decision AGAIN . 116/112

10. bailey

Dec 11, 2009
    Froch could beat Ward in a rematch. The first fight was a close affair

Ward did not put a clinic on against Froch at all. Just rewatched.
    Ward looked more composed than Froch, which gives a better impression of control, but try watching the fight without any commentary or sound, and you can see why the judges watched a close fight.
    Ward was leaning and holding which isnt a clinic, like many would like to dream it was. Ward definately didnt close the show.

Rewatched and scored.

Round 1 . Even round
    Round 2 . Ward
    Round 3 . Even
    Round 4 . Ward, full of holding and leaning
    Round 5 . Froch, clinical finish to the round
    Round 6 . Ward, close round
    Round 7 . Ward, full of holding and leaning
    Round 8 . Ward, full of holding and leaning
    Round 9 . Froch, tough round to call
    Round 10. Ward, tough round to call
    Round 11. Froch, but Ward holding and leaning
    Round 12. Froch

A close win to Ward but not a clinic,

A SMW clinic was Jones/Toney, Calzaghe/Lacy, Kessler/Andrade, etc

Ward seemed to be struggling at the end, as he did against Bika and Froch is an old SMW.

4 rounds to Froch with 2 even and 6 rounds to Ward

116/114 Ward

To show what a fantastic scorecard that is and how spot on I was, I looked at how the judges scored the fight

1. I scored the 1st round even, and of the 3 official judges it was 2/1 for Ward which showed that the round could be viewed either way
    2. 2nd round I scored to Ward, same as all 3 judges
    3. I scored even, and of the 3 official judges it was 2/1 for Froch which showed that the round could be viewed either way
    4. I scored for Ward and of the 3 official judges it was 2/1 for Ward
    5. I scored for Froch which all of the official judges did
    6. I scored for Ward which all of the official judges did
    7. I scored for Ward which all of the official judges did
    8. I scored for Ward which all of the official judges did
    9. I scored for Froch and of the 3 official judges it was 2/1 for Ward which showed that the round could be viewed either way
    10. I scored for Ward and of the 3 official judges it was 2/1 for Ward which showed that the round could be viewed either way
    11. I scored for Froch and of the 3 official judges it was 2/1 for Froch which showed that the round could be viewed either way
    12. I scored for Froch and of the 3 official judges it was 2/1 for Ward which showed that the round could be viewed either way

11. Beouche

Beouche Juan Manuel Marquez Full Member

Oct 13, 2010

Ahh Mich - always going for your fellow countryman over fellow caucasian :nut

12. Beouche

Beouche Juan Manuel Marquez Full Member

Oct 13, 2010

Interesting stuff as always Bailey. Fascinating to note the number of rounds that were "full of holding and leaning". Andrew wouldnt get away with that in England. No wonder he doesnt want to travel. Could he be as successful without all the holding and leaning? Could he keep Carl off him if he couldnt resort to his usual spoiling tactics?

13. PityTheFool

Oct 18, 2011

:lol:
    I knew it.I ****in knew it!:rofl

14. MichiganWarrior

MichiganWarrior Still Slick! Still Black! Full Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Yeah Bailey, the first fight was a close affair. sure. :rofl

Like I said 10 rounds to 2 for Ward. Even in England. "Roy Jones is your daddy"

If Froch wins more than 3 rounds I'll put down anything you want.

Deal?

15. bailey

Dec 11, 2009
    Good to see you again MW.
    It really depends when the fight happens as Froch is not getting any younger, but carefeul what you wish for. As a fan, Im sure that you are aware that American and Canadian SMWs seem to crumble when they enter into a big fight in Europe. Im not sure if its a mental thing or if its just a bit too rough in that division for them??
    Look at the facts

Consider that American and American based fighters and Canadian and Canadian based fighters dont seem to be able to win big fights at SMW when fighting in Europe.
    Consider how Lacy, Dirrell, J Taylor, Bute, Pascal, Mitchell, Brewer etc all were beaten in Europe

In Europe
    Bute, Dirrell, Pascal, Andrade, Green, Lucas, Lacy, Manfredo, Pudwill, McIntyre, Jimenez, Sheika, Brewer, Mitchell, Schommer, Holmes, Close (I said based in America), Thornton, Essett, Jarvis, McClellan, Perez, Gatti (not Arturo), Tate, Butler, G Johnson, Hernandez, Bryan
    Lost in Europe
    This just gives an idea but do consider that out of those 29 fighters 21 were or became world rated in the division, and some fought more than once in Europe.

European SMW fighters fighting away from home have had better success but still lost some away.

I cant think of one time, when an American SMW has beaten a British SMW in a world title fight in the UK.
    Ward is fortunate to be in a weaker era where his best win is an unwell, rusty double vision suffering fighter, who has been very inactive of recent years due to injury and was beaten by the previous champ who was old and having his last fight at the weight. That really is the division at present.

So Im not sure Ward would dare travel to Europe, his team I expect, looked at how these fighters freeze when in the lions den and thats possibly why he didnt travel in the S6 tournament when all others did