If Warrington was to meet Frampton this year and beat him would he be UK no2 p4p

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by im sparticus, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Ok.........how did he get on against Rodriguez then??

im sparticus likes this.
  2. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    You can hardly call the Rodriguez situation a duck. He had to defend a belt and be stripped of either one.

3. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    So if he doesn't enter the wbss what do you call that?? Btw also pulled out of a fight in the AMs v Rodriguez!

4. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    We will address that when/if it happens. You can’t criticise someone for something they haven’t done (yet).

5. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Tbf to bensub. These situations are usually rezolved without having to defend each belt in a matter of weeks. They will still get some fees for sanctioning either way.
    If this wasn't the case it would be hard for anyone to hold onto more than 1 belt.
    Probably more of eddies spiel

6. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    You guys crack me up! Frampton beats josh all day long. It’s all about levels blah blah....

7. oiky

oiky Gypsy Boy Full Member

Jan 17, 2014
    I rate Warrington, but I'd still back frampton to beat him

lencoreastside likes this.
  8. @Maley

@Maley Active Member Full Member

Aug 30, 2016

Levels. We haven't heard that b4 have we. It will b a great wen it happens

Sphillips and im sparticus like this.
  9. im sparticus

May 16, 2010
    I've just read that Burnett is still in th wbss. Along with payano, donaire, tete,Rodriguez. Go figure

10. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Just as a side note, Warrington is an absolute joy to watch in terms of style. He certainly brings it. I’m looking forward to watching him against whoever he fights next.

11. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Sorry mate very busy ....hate using cliches like that...only did it cos no time to explain my opinion in words... no disrespect to josh...:)
    I feel Carl will beat josh if they fight though...

im sparticus likes this.
  12. @Maley

@Maley Active Member Full Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Ha ha no problem I've followed josh b4 the sky hype. It's a tough fight and the biggest challenge his had but every question his been asked he has done with flying colours. Not saying he wins this fight but it's deffo not a one sided beat down imo.
    I think just think his very underrated and disliked because of his fans. But from a personal experience josh and his dad r top blokes.

im sparticus likes this.
  13. Quisling

Quisling Member Full Member

Aug 30, 2009
    No kidding! Frampton destroys him. It's a mismatch.

lencoreastside likes this.
  14. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Thanks for speaking up and being the voice of reason amidst the madness. You know the more time think about it the more I see it as a mismatch too. Honestly I think josh might not last the distance, ( and Carl isnt a big puncher at featherweight)...I see a corner or ref stoppage in the last few rounds to save josh from himself...

15. im sparticus

May 16, 2010
    This has to be the joke of the week.
    Carl a sbw in reality. No one has come close to hurting Josh yet, his legs has never stiffened and he's never been wobbled. Now your telling me a guy that isn't a true fw weight, whos been dropped numerous times who will be fighting an opponent who's always been a 126er. This guy who isn't really known as a puncher is going to work the man over who is a true champion and get this fighter to be pulled out by his corner.
    Len...If this fight happens this yr, which it probably will imo. There's only 1 reason it's happening.
    That's because Frank knows Carl ain't going to be around for long, hes old, hes got problems out the ring and he will never be the same as he was at sbw and he's cashng him out in favour of the one he has real belief in.

Sphillips likes this.